Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro2013

Things to check when you pick up your car

Hi Guys,

New Accord Euro owner here. Just purchased a Black Honda Accord Euro 2013 and picking it up next Monday.

Just wondering what I should check before accepting the car? if any.

I would also like to know anyone in WA know where I can lower the ride height ? And Halo Headlights.

Cheers!!

Member Array
    Car:
    MY13 CU2 LUX
    Check everything.

* build date, reg date, vin numbers match reg details

* check KMs done, fuel full?

* manual, service book, radio keycode

* paint on the bottom of the doors & coverage on panels

* check for rubs, marks to alloys

* check VSA/ESP operation, instruments etc.

* jack and wheel changing equipment, spare wheel

* front and rear bumpers, body kit (if applicable), scratches, marks

* panels check for small dents, chips, blemishes

* marks or stains to cloth, scrapes, rubs to leather

* electric windows, lock / unlock, 2 folding keys

* check colour matching of interior plastic trims

* contracts, receipts, registration, insurance

If it's a lux, also check the sunroof opens and closes smoothly, electric seats work, parking sensors.

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 nugget
    psykotech hit the nail on the head! I tip on checking the cars body:

When checking the paint, go panel by panel, checking everything very thoroughly. If there's any you think might be out of the ordinary, check the equivalent panel on the other side. Also check under the front bumper to see if they may have scraped the car at all from moving it around the lot.

Also, don't forget to check the bottom of the car for scrapes or anything out of the ordinary.

Sadly though, depending on which dealership you go to and how honest they are....
    Some dodgy dealerships, when there is light scratches on the car, they would use car polish to get rid of it.
    Therefore you don't see the scratch until you wash it for the first time, then you blame yourself saying "Damn it i must have washed it incorrectly or sponge had something on it and scratched the car".... However in truth It may have already been there since you bought it.

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Accord Euro Luxury 6MT
    Caudex, Honda paint is notoriously soft, so it's very easy to put minor scratches on it just by washing it. Especially on a black car, where every small mark and scratch shows up. Ie, don't use a sponge to wash it, use microfibre everything.

Detailing done prior to delivery is a crapshoot. It's not uncommon for dealers to deliver cars that have had a substandard detailing done on them (holograms are the most common problem), or minor marring from a bunny in the dealership just by wiping the car down with a dirty cloth.

If this bugs you so much, then request them not to touch the paintwork on the car, and arrange for your own preferred trusted detailer to do the job (and see if you can negotiate a discount on dealer delivery, because that's part of what they're slugging you for). Or just deal with the fact it might not be perfect when you pick it up, and take it to your detailer after you pick it up to correct any minor marring the detailer may have caused and apply a good sealant. Or do it yourself, if you're so inclined.

Best advice, especially for a black car, is to check the car in direct sunlight. Make sure you arrange to pick up the car during the day, not at dusk.

And NEVER let Honda dealer service wash the car...

- HZ

When I picked up my MY13, the day after I dropped it off at Reflect Effect and got Opticoat applied to the exterior, along with other bits and pieces.

I've had the car for about 3 months and have washed it at least once a week. Has minimal scratches if any.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro2013
    Can anyone suggest a product or place to do paint protection ? Thanks you all in advance

Opticoat is very good if you are not into detailing or do not have the time to maintain the paint properly.

Member Array
    Car:
    '95 EG
    I've had my car for nearly a year now.. I haven't washed it 10 times… but everytime I wash it, it really sparkles OPTICOAT ftw! Buts its about time to get a retouch anyway
    ------------------------------------------------
    '95 EG Yo... Back in the '90s car

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    Can anyone suggest a product or place to do paint protection ? Thanks you all in advance
    look up reflect effect on google if you're in Sydney.

I got mine done there and water beads like crazy after opticoat. Even if the cars been in heavy rain and dirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    Hi Guys,

New Accord Euro owner here. Just purchased a Black Honda Accord Euro 2013 and picking it up next Monday.

Just wondering what I should check before accepting the car? if any.

I would also like to know anyone in WA know where I can lower the ride height ? And Halo Headlights.

Cheers!!
    Brand New hondas should have a pre delivery check list, if they haven't given you one ask them for one.

Just go over every item on that list to make sure it's up to your standard, as they mostly just cross them off when they are lazy.