Member Array
    Car:
    09 CU2 LUX NAV

(cu2) aux cables aren't producing great sound at all

Hi all,

purchased my CU2 last week and love it, will post a build thread soon. However the problem im facing is connecting an iphone and samsung via AUX. the sound quality is so bad when the AUX cable is connected. I tested 2 cables:

1. Monster cable worth $150 at harvey norman - the sound is very soft coming out of the speakers and the bass rattles the speakers like all 10 speakers are blown.
    2. found a random aux cable at GF's place - the sounds very soft with weird sounds.

Anyone ever had this problem?
    Need help pleasseeeee.

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2, GD3
    I think you need a 3.5mm to 2.5mm adapter or something like that? Can't remember the correct sizing sorry but I'm using in my car with no problems - if I plug the ebay cable directly to iPhone it sounds soft - you can sort of jiggle the cable around the iPhone port to get differing sounds etc. With the adapter I get no more problems.

Looks something like this

I got a belkin aux cable and sound is good , well all depends on phone you use and file compression if mp3,Acc etc

Member Array
    Car:
    09 CU2 LUX NAV
    Quote Originally Posted by chunsa View Post
    I think you need a 3.5mm to 2.5mm adapter or something like that? Can't remember the correct sizing sorry but I'm using in my car with no problems - if I plug the ebay cable directly to iPhone it sounds soft - you can sort of jiggle the cable around the iPhone port to get differing sounds etc. With the adapter I get no more problems.

Looks something like this

thanks chunsa and ill order the apdapter see how i go from there