Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: My black dc2r

Member Array
    Car:
    Dc2r
    Quote Originally Posted by infurNOS View Post
    Was it the kind of ticking that was more frequent the faster the car went? Did it happen at all speeds?
    It would occur at all speeds however only when in low rpm or taking your foot off the accelerator. It was nothing at all just annoying.

Besides that and my rear brake light he said the car was great.

Always good to hear by a mechanic that knows his cars.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    Similar to JDM DC2R, I was getting around a 10-15kw jump as soon as vtec kicked in, matched with a LOUD crossover....

After a tune crossover is a bit quieter (maybe even a little higher pitched...) and there is no "feeling fast" it actually is fast now and keeps building strongly

CAI is an awesome mod though, but keep in mind that afterwards you will probably feel like headers and exhaust and tune and...........

cool car

Member Array
    Car:
    Dc2r
    Quote Originally Posted by adamdc5 View Post
    cool car
    Thanks mate!

Member Array
    Car:
    Dc2r
    Quote Originally Posted by TGW92 View Post
    Similar to JDM DC2R, I was getting around a 10-15kw jump as soon as vtec kicked in, matched with a LOUD crossover....

After a tune crossover is a bit quieter (maybe even a little higher pitched...) and there is no "feeling fast" it actually is fast now and keeps building strongly

CAI is an awesome mod though, but keep in mind that afterwards you will probably feel like headers and exhaust and tune and...........
    Lol yeah I want to do full through exhaust system CAI and s300 hondata..

Not sure what exhaust system to go with though I want something nice and quiet and then opens up with Vtec

Was looking at js racing but heard it takes a while to import

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    Quote Originally Posted by vtec_yoo View Post
    Lol yeah I want to do full through exhaust system CAI and s300 hondata..

Not sure what exhaust system to go with though I want something nice and quiet and then opens up with Vtec

Was looking at js racing but heard it takes a while to import
    I ended up going with the fujitsubo rm01a... I wanted something similar to you and I am very pleased with it

J's racing will be a little bit louder but they're still very nice exhaust systems, and you may get slightly better flow with them....

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    j's is very loud. got mine through JDM concept. catback includes silencer.

Member Array
    Car:
    Dc2r
    yeah but fujitsubo dont make headers do they?

Not sure if its true or just false info but i have read up that having the same brand headers/cat back allows better flow and cancels the need for any custom welding etc..

I would be going with 4-2-1 headers also

Quote Originally Posted by vtec_yoo View Post
    yeah but fujitsubo dont make headers do they?

Not sure if its true or just false info but i have read up that having the same brand headers/cat back allows better flow and cancels the need for any custom welding etc..

I would be going with 4-2-1 headers also
    Would you consider 4-1 at all ? I had them on my EG with B18c2 and the midrange and top end it gave was awesome!
    EG

Member Array
    Car:
    Dc2r
    Quote Originally Posted by infurNOS View Post
    Would you consider 4-1 at all ? I had them on my EG with B18c2 and the midrange and top end it gave was awesome!
    Im not really definite on 4-1 although i have heard there recommended more for track as they give more midrange and top end but in some cases you may sacrifice some power down low, where as with 4-2-1 you get better low and midrange..

please correct me if im wrong lol

Member Array
    Car:
    88 CRX B16a
    Quote Originally Posted by TGW92 View Post

Not quiet the same engine but my B16A would have a noticable kick when vtec engaged.
    But after i did a valve clearence adjustment, the kick wasn't quiet as noticable but overall felt like it was more smoother and had more top end power.

Turned out that a couple of my exhaust valves where way too closed.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by bboyzell View Post
    Not quiet the same engine but my B16A would have a noticable kick when vtec engaged.
    But after i did a valve clearence adjustment, the kick wasn't quiet as noticable but overall felt like it was more smoother and had more top end power.

Turned out that a couple of my exhaust valves where way too closed.
    You sure? Valve clearance adjustment won't make any noticeable change in performance unless you make the clearance too tight. In which case the valve does not fully close, causing loss of performance.
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015