Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array

Cool DC5R - Chasing 150fwkw

Hi Guys,

Apologies if this has been covered before, i tried looking and couldnt find anything so gave up.

Well I have 2002 Honda Integra TypeR DC5. I have the below mods to my car and was just wandering what every thinks I will get after a I get it tuned with a Kpro?

Current mods:
    ~injen CAI
    ~4-2-1 headers
    ~2.5" full exhaust

My aim is 150front wheel KWs, more is a bonus. Just wandering if i need to get upgraded throttle body, intake as well to get this kind of power or if my current mods will do. Also do the stock AUS spec K20A injectors need upgrading for this kind of power?

Any advice on whether my current mods plus Kpro and tune will make or not make 150fkw and if not make what else would i need?

thanks,

Gen4

drivetrain mods - lightened flywheel, lightweight rims

ecu mods- hondata kpro

motor mods - cams, pistons, rods

to be honest your not going to gain much power unless your willing to spend heaps of $$

cost significantly more for an naturally aspirated engine to increase performance than an turbo charged engine

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    I don't think you will make 150kw atw with just the basic bolt-ons. You have to look at slightly more complex things like intake manifold and throttle body. IMO, upgraded injectors won't be required because you won't be pumping out enough power to max out your stock injectors ... if you were going down the turbo or supercharge route then that would be a different story.

Our cars don't really make that much peak power. I don't think chasing dyno numbers is worth it. It's more about handling and the way the power is delivered. Aftermarket ECU + tune will make an appreciable difference with your mods though, so definitely look into it. Much better mid-range torque.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra Type R
    Probably best to give the community an idea of what you are looking / prepared to spend.

Member Array
    Car:
    FN2R
    my friend made 150 atw

this was his mod list

Gruppe M intake, skunk2 70mm throtle RBC intake madifold toda racing header with no cat, fujstubo rmo1a and hondata kpro

Account Disabled Array
    PLM headers + BYP 70mm Titanium exhaust, RBC intake + 70mm, Injen Intake, Hondata Kpro, E85 (bio-flex)

Member Array
    Car:
    1987 CRX ED9
    There is the Bang for your bucks for DC5 as a sticky in this section. It has great info on it

What are you after? Just power? Handling? or a combination of both?

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Bigger TB, RBC manifold, some cams and a tune should see you getting close to that but it all depends on the dyno.

If I were you I'd go lightweight fly, HD clutch, and just enjoy a little more drivability.

Member Array
    Car:
    Ek4_cxi_type_R
    You need NAAWWSSSS!!! You need one of these. One of the big ones. Actually, let's make it two. And Gen, you need it by tonight for race wars...

Member Array
    Car:
    k20 dc2
    Quote Originally Posted by gen4 View Post
    Hi Guys,

Apologies if this has been covered before, i tried looking and couldnt find anything so gave up.

Well I have 2002 Honda Integra TypeR DC5. I have the below mods to my car and was just wandering what every thinks I will get after a I get it tuned with a Kpro?

Current mods:
    ~injen CAI
    ~4-2-1 headers
    ~2.5" full exhaust

My aim is 150front wheel KWs, more is a bonus. Just wandering if i need to get upgraded throttle body, intake as well to get this kind of power or if my current mods will do. Also do the stock AUS spec K20A injectors need upgrading for this kind of power?

Any advice on whether my current mods plus Kpro and tune will make or not make 150fkw and if not make what else would i need?

thanks,

Gen4
    i got 145kw atw from bored rbc intake , 68mm throttle body, cold intake, 3 inch exhaust, unamed headers. and of course kpro with tune. Easy power. you just upgrade your intake and throttle body and you should be pretty close. No you dont need to upgrade injectors. You dont need to open the engine to get close or on 150kw.

Member Array
    thanks tripleuse. will probably look into upgarding intake and throttlebody before i get it tuned then.