Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    BB AP1

Timing chain tensioner replacement?

Ok
    I think my tct needs replacing my s2k sounds like my disel bmw sometimes and i thibk its not a very expensive part to replace/fix. Just wondering if theres a pernament replacement that i can replace to ensure this problem doesnt reoccur? Cause from what i read they can need to be fixed every 20k kms to 40k kms depending on how you drive? So is there a aftermarket part i can replace with?
    Thanks in advance

P.s excuse my bad spelling and grammer
    "A good tunning car has to be something you can take out to the streets. The car must be fun, fast, safe on all road condition "
    Keiichi Tsuchiya~

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM K20A
    well, when I was still working at a Honda dealer, I saw some s2ks thats needed their TCT to be replaced. The cause of the TCT to wear out faster is indeed depends on the way u drive the car (especially when you gun the car from standing start).

Toda got a beefier TCT for the S2k now, and it does look really good too

If I were you, might as well change to new guides and the timing chain to Toda unit as well XD

Member Array
    Car:
    BB AP1
    Quote Originally Posted by blk_shadow View Post
    well, when I was still working at a Honda dealer, I saw some s2ks thats needed their TCT to be replaced. The cause of the TCT to wear out faster is indeed depends on the way u drive the car (especially when you gun the car from standing start).

Toda got a beefier TCT for the S2k now, and it does look really good too

If I were you, might as well change to new guides and the timing chain to Toda unit as well XD
    Smells like a hole burning in my wallet and i dont like the way you said it cause its tempting ;P
    any other aftermarket tct out there?
    i know theres a few for the k series but i havent came across much for the f series
    "A good tunning car has to be something you can take out to the streets. The car must be fun, fast, safe on all road condition "
    Keiichi Tsuchiya~

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by manonastick View Post
    Ok
    I think my tct needs replacing my s2k sounds like my disel bmw sometimes and i thibk its not a very expensive part to replace/fix. Just wondering if theres a pernament replacement that i can replace to ensure this problem doesnt reoccur? Cause from what i read they can need to be fixed every 20k kms to 40k kms depending on how you drive? So is there a aftermarket part i can replace with?
    Thanks in advance

P.s excuse my bad spelling and grammer
    Where have you read they need to be changed 20k-40k kms?? Ive never heard that. You should be getting well over 100k kms before you need to change. I have a genuine honda one if needed.

Member Array
    Car:
    BB AP1
    well my car has 154k kms soo im not surpised if its going now.
    I dont mean you need to change them every 20~40k kms stories of people getting the tct ticking from 6000miles and needing to clean worm gear to get rid of the ticking but eventually will come back
    Well according to my hour of research i found out toda's tct sucks and cost the most out of other aftermarket tct.
    going to look into inline pro and billman's now
    Keiichi Tsuchiya~

Member Array
    Car:
    s2k
    I just replaced my TCT yesterday with OEM Honda TCT, and the ticking sound is completely gone. I hear that the noise may come back in 5-7000 kms but there is a simple fix to stop this issue. This Youtube video show's how.

This is how we chill from
    93' till

Member Array
    Car:
    trotts
    Im currently running the Toda TCT, i had 2 oem units die so i dropped the cash. Great item, worth the coin. I sourced it through JDM concepts.
    BONUS ROUND
    There is still room on the bandwagon for you.

Member Array
    Car:
    BB AP1
    Quote Originally Posted by thebob View Post
    Im currently running the Toda TCT, i had 2 oem units die so i dropped the cash. Great item, worth the coin. I sourced it through JDM concepts.
    how long has it been in your car?
    Keiichi Tsuchiya~

Member Array
    Car:
    trotts
    Longer then my second OEM one. At a guess 4 months. Mind you in those 4 months i doubt i have done 1000km
    BONUS ROUND
    There is still room on the bandwagon for you.

Member Array
    Car:
    GTR Skyline S2K
    I just sand blast mine, good as new, still going strong.

Why buy a new one if the old one is repairable and the repair takes 10-15 minutes?

Member Array
    Car:
    BB AP1
    Heard sandblasting is only a short term fix it will eventually come back.
    The flaw was with the worm gear inside
    Keiichi Tsuchiya~

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Yup. That's the bit you sand blast.

Sandblasting it is a short term fix. So is replacing it.