Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Dc2r

Is this dc2r known to man?!?

Hey does anyone know anything about this R ? Went to have a look today looks pretty neat with some decent mods. After some discussion looks like the owner will drop to 16.5. Is that too much for a dc2r?

http://carsales.mobi/cars/details/?R=13899995

If anyone knows any history please inform. Thankss

Member Array
    Car:
    front ender ek9
    What's the sticker in the rear-quarter window? Do you remember what it said? I'm guessing it's a forum, so you could look it up to try and find a build thread or any other info.

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    belgarage?

Member Array
    Car:
    Dc2r
    yep has a belgarage and a jdmyard sticker on it..

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    Intersting dyno figures with just bolt ons and tune! 144 try more like 130!

Also headers and extrators are the same thing. He mentioned it twice or 3 time if u include full exhaust system!

Member Array
    Car:
    Dc2r
    yeh i know i realised that, the car was a good drive. Definately not 144 atw though its had three owners, apparently this guy bought it off his friend who his dad is a mechanic and therefore did all the upgrades on the car... Dont really think thats a good thing though?

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Civic
    i know it well

guy lives in my area... more on that later...

previous owners dad is a mechanic yes, in a small servo, he is also very generous, gave his son basically what he wants... so it does have some good quality stuff... but current owner (and is loosing license for this) drives like an idiot. everytime ive seen it its been above 6k, at night i can hear it across the lake from where i live revving out constantly, he races everyone he can
    i guess hondas usually handle it pretty well... i dno... id just be careful if buying this.. definately a nice car but... be wary
    Wakefield Park PB: 1.15.6

A good old comp and leak down test as well as a check over under the car and engine bay by a mechanic will tell you how healthy it is.
    But with those mods you can kind of understand why he would 6k+ it
    BUT at the end of the day it's your choose..

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    ^ agree just comp test it. Looks clean otherwise. 144KW probably more like 144HP IMO.

Hard to trust a guy who lists his modifications as 'mugen headers' AND 'mugen extractors', complimented by a 'honda data tune'.

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    $18k a bit expensive for a car that gets limiter bashed everyday, regardless of km's on the odometer. I would find out who did the tune and what hondata it has, along with what these "us coilovers" are.
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8

my main concern is whether the tool followed the servicing intervals that should come with the daily limiter bashing.

Member Array
    Car:
    Dc2r
    Well it has full log book history, was serviced basically every 5 thousand Kms, until this guy took over in which his owner it for 10,000kms not 1 service has been recorded. Major service had also already been complete at 85,000 kms