Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    S2K - SEDUCN

S2000 cranking over but no start :(

Hey guys thought i might ask for some expertise..
    ive got a 99 s2k and it cranks over but doesnt start..
    originally i thought it was a faulty coil so i replace coils and spark plugs and still didnt fix the problem.
    i then replace fuel pump and fuel filter thinking maybe it was a fuel pump assembly playing up. but stil didnt fix it..
    ive done some reading on s2ki and here and have found a few people with similar issues..
    They solved their issues with replacing the fuel pump relay..
    could some one please assist me in locating it and how to test if that is the issue..

Member Array
    Car:
    S2K - SEDUCN
    or if anyone know what else the issue could be..

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, S15
    Hmm could be the immobiliser..
    snapping 2nd..

Member Array
    Car:
    S2K - SEDUCN
    How would I check that?

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Fuel pump relay should be near the fuse box area just next to your right leg in the driver's compartment.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    EH B20Vtec
    does it have any aftermarket alarm parts?
    try and look around for anything not OEM in the engine bay (wiring and a speaker/siren)
    i had this problem with a datsun i bought last year, ended up having to pull out the whole aftermarket alarm system as it wasnt done right and had subsequently stuffed up

otherwise as you mentioned fuel pump or even crank sensor and fuel pressure

is the crank nice and strong? less common cause is a worn starter that draws so many amps while cranking the engine that there’s not enough juice left to adequately power the ignition system and fuel injectors

Member Array
    Car:
    S2K - SEDUCN
    Quote Originally Posted by breean View Post
    does it have any aftermarket alarm parts?
    try and look around for anything not OEM in the engine bay (wiring and a speaker/siren)
    i had this problem with a datsun i bought last year, ended up having to pull out the whole aftermarket alarm system as it wasnt done right and had subsequently stuffed up

otherwise as you mentioned fuel pump or even crank sensor and fuel pressure

is the crank nice and strong? less common cause is a worn starter that draws so many amps while cranking the engine that there’s not enough juice left to adequately power the ignition system and fuel injectors
    Breean, the car is only fitted with the standard s2000 immobilizer so aftermarket alarm is out of the equations lol..
    ive check that fuel is being delivered to the fuel rail so everything to do with the fuel system seems to be fine..
    im now leaning more towards to crank sensor..
    the crank is even and continuous so thats y im under the impression the starter motor is fine..

Member Array
    Car:
    EH B20Vtec
    Ok well hopefully I've helped some how haha let us know how it goes!

Account Disabled Array
    Sounds like an issue with the immoboliser

Member Array
    Car:
    S2k/JDMDC2/ ED6
    mine had the same issue when i went over seas didnt wanna start after my battery died the immoboliser wouldnt allow it to turn on played with the contorl a bit and then the car fired right up mines a oem alarm aswell

Its a definite problem, IMMOBILIZER, have the same problem few years ago, you have to take it back to honda dealer and they will fix that, price range from 150 ( easy fix) to 1000 bucks ( if its the immobilizer unit ). Good luck

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Umm, check for spark first. Get a spark plug lead (from any car), remove #1 coil and spark plug, connect coil back to the loom connect lead to spark plug and to coil. Place base of spark plug on metal and turn the car over. Look for spark.