Took delivery of a new manual MY13 Accord Euro late last year and whilst I was happy with the interior cabin and transmission I couldn't help but feel a little underwhelmed by the performance. After having the complimentary 1,000km service recently I thought i'd take a drive this weekend to give it a proper workout once everything has been bedded down.

Trip took me from the city over the Blue Mountains and down to Jenolan Caves and back. With 4 people in the car plus climate control the car cruised effortlessly up the mountains in 5th/6th gear, even taking into account all the constant speed limit changes from 60 to 110 and everything in between (also how many speed cameras are now in NSW!!!)

Once I turned off the highway it was a whole new ballgame, with some long sweeping corners and twisty bits begging me to push harder as my confidence grew, my only slight criticism was the front n/s suspension knocking over some sharp bumps. Apart from that the cabin was very quiet and comfortable and despite sitting in the car a couple of hours either way I still felt quite fresh.

Even back in the city the car felt punchier and more responsive down low, not sure whether it's the engine adapting or loosening up a bit or maybe i've just gotten better accustomed to driving the Euro. And finally the fuel economy wasn't bad either, managed low 8l/100km despite climbing up and down hills and pushing it a few times.

All being said now I get why the Euro is so popular among owners and critics alike. Please feel free to add your own Euro owner/driver experiences, or any Euro driving tips or tricks. Cheers...