Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

CL9 replacement Eagle LS2000 tyres

Hi all,

I have looked and searched and came across the replacement thread that referred to the Dunlops. As the title suggests I need to start thinking about replacements for the Eagles.

Any suggestions?

Cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    GTI /Tiguan/CU2
    Mich ps3, should be reasonably priced for 205 55 16

TY, I'll look into them

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Using Bridgestone RE001.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    There's a lot out there, so really need to decide what you reckon is most important.

Thanks Chaos.

The eagles are kind of loud, so something a little quieter will be important., as will longevity.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Yokohama C.Drive 2 will last long and are quieter. But because they are a hard compound tyre, you will find that wet grip will be poorer after 3 years. Do you drive a lot of kms? If you do, then go C.Drive. If you do fewer kms, then look at a softer tyre. Since you are after something quiet, don't go RE001 or RE002. Maybe something a bit more pricey like Continental ContiSport Contact would fit all the requirements of grip, longevity and noise, but the downside is the higher price.

Thanks again.

My annual k's will be down this year as I've recently landed a job within 5 minutes walk. Yay.

So by that rationale I'm guessing a softer tyre and being in Tassie, something good in the wet.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    I wouldn't recommend ContiSport Contact to anyone. I've got CSC3, and their loud as. Actually, if you read comparison reviews, you'll find that CSC in general are quite noisy. Not sure about the Comfort Contacts though. There's nothing wrong with going a harder tyre, even if for shorter distances. They also tend to be a bit more fuel efficient. I've found Kumho KU18 to be a lot quieter and comfortable compared to Mich Eco Sport tyres (can't remember which ones exactly, but on a 05 corolla). Kumho Motivo seems to be getting decent reviews, and have a very long tire life rating as well. Bridgestone RE002 if you want more grip. Yokohama's are known for being quiet, economical (low RR) and durable, however can be a tad expensive compared to others. Falken ZE912 have had some pretty decent reviews as well, great value tyre, quiet and comfortable, and grippy for the price. Not sure how they perform in the wet though.

Here's a dedicated thread for tyre recommendations:
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...37#post3640037

One thing to note about reviews online, is that I would take them with a lot of salt. The reason being is that there are a lot of reviews saying CSC3 are awesome tyres etc. However, after changing to them, I found that they were well overhyped. The reason for it, I believe is that CSC3 (and other CSC models) came standard on a lot of Euro cars (e.g. Benz C and E class), for which a lot of the owners purchased to show off (through finance) but when it came to new tyres, they went the cheapest they could get their hands on (you don't know how many C classes I've seen with Bob Jane tyres on them, seriously). So in comparison to the elcheapo replacement, they think the CSC3 were awesome beyond compare, they weren't.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    I also have CSC on mine.

They aquaplane. Like, badly.

It isn't worth the extra $$ over tyres like Sumitomo HTR Z III
    Last edited by Fredoops; 17-01-2013 at 06:44 PM.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    I also have CSC on mine.

They aquaplane. Like, badly.

It isn't worth the extra $$ over tyres like Sumitomo HTR Z III
    Yeah, mine aquaplaned for a while too. It's improved heaps by now though, in terms of grip, took about 10 000km to do so though.... and it's still freaken loud.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMaster View Post
    Yeah, mine aquaplaned for a while too. It's improved heaps by now though, in terms of grip, took about 10 000km to do so though.... and it's still freaken loud.
    What tyre size is your CSC? I found them pretty quiet on the Lux 17" size rims (215 width if I remember). RE001 was deafening compared to the CSC and the RE001 wasn't even low profile (205/55 R16).

RE001 had another weakness too. It didn't aquaplane much, but you didn't have much straight line grip when the road was wet. So taking off in 1st with anything above 1/3 throttle in a manual during the rain would give wheel spin. When going on a slight incline, I could even wheelspin in 2nd full throttle.

I agree with CSC's poorer value, I'm back on RE001, only $145 per corner in base model size.
    Last edited by aaronng; 19-01-2013 at 03:17 PM.