S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S15
    Quote Originally Posted by curtis265 View Post
    PCV back into crank case wouldn't relieve any pressure
    Yea it would cause in increase in pressure. Not exactly what you want when the engine is under load.

Plus there's only that one port (PCV inlet) in the crankcase for the blowby gas to get out. To get it back in crankcase only way I see is you'd need to drill a hole in your crankcase.
    Last edited by DakDak; 05-02-2013 at 07:26 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Another people do is run an air/oil separator unit from the PCV with one hose going back into the intake, and one returning oil back to the sump... another thing to consider
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    How most ppl including me run our catch can setups the legal way

The idea of running into the intake turbo, when under load the turbo will cause a vacuum suction, drawing any crank pressure, a.k.a slash cut
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S15
    Quote Originally Posted by mugen_ctr View Post

The idea of running into the intake turbo, when under load the turbo will cause a vacuum suction, drawing any crank pressure, a.k.a slash cut
    You have rep for showing me something new

Member Array
    Car:
    FD2 N/A what?
    How is the slash cut fitting done?
    i live my life full boost, one gear at a time.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by xenonkuraz View Post
    How is the slash cut fitting done?
    I guess i shoulda asked firstly what engine is urs hahaha...

The above image, shows how a slash cut system is on a B/D series engines, but id imagine the same principals applies for all engines, its fairly basic, as the image implies, u require a catch can, baffled or not, i dont think it really matters, but anyways...

1 hose runs from ur pcv to catch can, another from the valve cover to catch can, an a 3rd from the catch can back into the turbo intake

And make sure u block off the port were the pcv hose use to hook up on the manifold, ensuring no vacuum leaks.
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    it works that way for any engine, turbo or not.

when youre on the go pedal, there is negative pressure in the intake pipe, which sucks the blowby gasses out of the catch can, and therefore out of the rocker cover/crankcase.

in fact in some super high power cars they actually run a separate vaccum pump connected to the crank case, because negative pressure helps with power production.
    to see all of my build, checkout

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S15
    Quote Originally Posted by trism View Post
    it works that way for any engine, turbo or not.

when youre on the go pedal, there is negative pressure in the intake pipe, which sucks the blowby gasses out of the catch can, and therefore out of the rocker cover/crankcase.

in fact in some super high power cars they actually run a separate vaccum pump connected to the crank case, because negative pressure helps with power production.
    Whats the science behind this power increase? Less pressure below the piston rings in the crankcase affecting adversely affecting performance?

Member Array
    Car:
    your mum
    Quote Originally Posted by curtis265 View Post
    you can use a breather pod if u want..

for the ultimate badass experience. Cops won't like it though (but they won't like your turbo either lol)
    breather pod only good if you always full throttle.
    since at full throttle, the intake vacuum drops to zero, so the PCV isnt doing anything at full throttle.

but if it is daily, use the catch can set up.
    so the PCV still works and keep the oil out of the PCV and intake.
    connorling, your profile and evidenced by your post tells me alot about what type of feral you are..... all class 'hay'!!!! ps. not your m8....

Member Array
    Car:
    your mum
    Quote Originally Posted by mugen_ctr View Post

you should have the 2 outlets on the front of the engine for two reasons:
    1) at acceleration, which when most blow by occur, the oil will be more toward the back of the rocker cover, therefore less oil into the catch can
    2) have more space on the rocker cover, if you look at the underside of the rocker cover, you have more space to have the outlet there.
    connorling, your profile and evidenced by your post tells me alot about what type of feral you are..... all class 'hay'!!!! ps. not your m8....

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Since we're on this topic... Can someone explain to me why i have 2 hoses going from the valve cover to the intake system?

One has a PCV valve toward the right of the VC going to the intake manifold
    one doesn't and connects to the intake arm right before the butterfly valve

Quote Originally Posted by DakDak View Post
    Whats the science behind this power increase? Less pressure below the piston rings in the crankcase affecting adversely affecting performance?
    also would like to know
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC