Sound deadening removal EG Hatch

Has anyone removed their sound deadening from an EG Hatch (Specifically EG5) and weighed it?

I want to see if this is worthwhile to do on the EG, as it's a road registered track car.

Banned Array
    Car:
    NondaRalliJuzz
    i personally havent done it myself BUT

usually removing from an eg weighs around 16-25kgs

hope that helps mate cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5.9, EF9, EL2
    WTF 16-25KG's on an EG ??? nah man you'd be lucky to get half of that !

You're talking about the firewall matt and the sound deadening on the floors ?? or you including carpet and everything ??

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    im guessing 5kg
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    ek.k24a
    ek is 9.7kgs

or 13.4 including the firewall matting
    d16y4>>k24a3 for the win !!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5.9, EF9, EL2
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow.ek1 View Post
    ek is 9.7kgs

or 13.4 including the firewall matting
    that sounds about right.. EG should be about 12kg including the firewall matt.. every little bit counts but dont expect up to 25KG's from an EG.. unless there's some weight hiding from me that I cant find HAHA.

damn 12KGs, may have to reconsider my options, maybe going a diet would be easier and save my eardrums from bleeding haha..

Member Array
    Car:
    ek.k24a
    depends have u started stripping heater boxes rear wipers useless wiring ect, ???

might as well do that stuff why removing the sound deadening

i just did my car before i respray the inside and do the motor swap
    d16y4>>k24a3 for the win !!!!

Banned Array
    Car:
    NondaRalliJuzz
    sorry i should of added more to my sentence..

i mean strip everything out... as slow.ek1 stated heater box,useless wiring, firewall, undercarige coat etc

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Think about the price though mate.

Dry ice is cheap as, so removing the sound deadening is an easy way to drop a little weight. If it's a track car there's no reason not to do it. If its a DD then I wouldn't bother because the noise will sh1t you to no end.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Civic
    This is something i like to think about and would like everyone to think about before absolutely stripping a car, if its a dedicated 100% track car its a different story obviously.
    "Ok im gonna completely/ partially strip the hell out of my car, floor, seats and so on, now nobody can get in my car but me and im heading down to the track, cars is fkn noisy, inconvenience and so on but hey, i managed to shed 10-15-20-25kg (everyone follow so far) oh i almost forgot i gotta go fill up fuel before hitting the track.......done and im now 45-50kg heavier!!!!!!" another thing to consider is you actual body weight, if you are over weight than thats the first thing you should be looking at before putting you car on a diet, plus its better for you health. Look guys, i hate seeing it when ppl are driving around with one seat all for that extra weight loss. The best thing you can do is just take jerry cans filled with fuel and only show up with half a tank or less, noticed how you normally get quicker laps as you do more, part adjusting to track, part losing weight as you drive.

Thats my 2 cents.
    Last edited by B18cEG; 21-01-2013 at 03:57 PM.
    = First Production Company To Produce 100HP Per Litre NA