Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Do you guys recommend me changing my engine mounts? I just replaced that with genuine parts from trivett, but if i put on aftermarket ones would it make a massive difference ?thanks for all the advice, im gonna change it to CAI

Member Array
    Car:
    370Z/DC5
    Quote Originally Posted by dangskiies View Post
    Do you guys recommend me changing my engine mounts? I just replaced that with genuine parts from trivett, but if i put on aftermarket ones would it make a massive difference ?thanks for all the advice, im gonna change it to CAI
    Mounts give you a bit more vibration in the cabin, but less flex/movement in the motor under acceleration so as I said before you get a better transfer of power to the wheels. One of the best mods you can do to a DC5 as the stock mounts aren't that flash. If your going to do it get the hardrace ones, good quality and one of the better brands for the least amount of vibration. I have them and love them

Thanks for all the help ! Did you do anything else to your type s? Also did you know if the guard panel on base dc5 models fit on dc5 type s ?

Member Array
    Car:
    370Z/DC5
    Thanks for all the help ! Did you do anything else to your type s? Also did you know if the guard panel on base dc5 models fit on dc5 type s ?
    No problem, it's good to get advice from people that have been in your situation. Haha yes lots of stuff, mine is no longer a street car. What else are you thinking of doing?

As long as it's the facelift version I can't see why not as the rest of the body panels are the same, I can't be 100% sure though as I haven't done it before

Yeah, I'm planning to get those mounts changed and probably front sway bar, jdm flywheel. What do you recommend that would make a big difference ? Not sure where to buy the parts either ay. Chuck a picture up

Member Array
    Car:
    370Z/DC5
    Yeah, I'm planning to get those mounts changed and probably front sway bar, jdm flywheel. What do you recommend that would make a big difference ? Not sure where to buy the parts either ay. Chuck a picture up
    Why the front sway bar if you don't mind me asking?

Jdm flywheel is a good idea, are you replacing your clutch as well? Its best to do them at the same time to save labour costs. You might even want to consider an lsd while the box is open, that is one thing that made a massive difference to me. I decided to track my car so my decisions will be different to yours but if you want so e ideas take a look at my http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthread.php?t=11022build thread on clubitr. There are a few good build threads here on ozhonda for DC5's as well.

As for buying parts, check out the for sale section on the forum, ebay and some American sites like kseriesparts.com

Thanks for the help mate, I heard the front sway bar gives the car more control

Also, recently somehow water is getting into my car wetting the carpet behind the passenger seat, this only occurs when it rains what do you suppose i do ? or what may be the possible reason ?

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Leaves under the plastic strip at the bottom of your windscreen possibly blocking water galleys. Take the clips out, remove the strip and inspect.

In all honesty, just get a exedy lightweight flywheel and exedy clutch...
    Ur JDM Flywheel will be second hand then require machining.... Just buy a new Exedy one IMO It's also lighter

Thanks for the swift response, ill have a alook in the morning, how do i know if something is wrong ?

Also, should i check anything else that might be causing this problem! Its been occuring only recently