Member Array
    Car:
    05 RB1|08 B200T

RB1 Gearbox Issue's | No drive

Hi Guys, last Saturday whilst driving home my 3rd gear gave way... I've had minor slips from 2nd to 3rd here and there but mechanic said to just keep driving it as i would definitely need to change it anyways (may as well run this till it cant run anymore)

Anyways, yesterday as i was driving it to the mechanics, i had practically no drive in 3rd and 4th and was on the M2 doing 40kmh in peek hour and crawling my way to Arncliffe from Castle Hill. The thing that sux is i left it there all day and when they test drove it, it was fine.

Point is, anyone experienced any issues with there gearbox? My car is 05 model and has done 138XXX kms - should i rebuild/recondition or get a 2nd? Does anyone know what this could roughly set me back?

Cheers
    wedding | photography | videography | www.dustinling.com

Member Array
    Car:
    06 TC'd RB1
    Sorry mate, can't help
    Old man that drives slow cars

the guy at Arncliffe should know better than any of us here mate. aslo have you regularly change tranny oil every 20k?

Member Array
    Car:
    05 RB1|08 B200T
    Quote Originally Posted by AusAccord View Post
    the guy at Arncliffe should know better than any of us here mate. aslo have you regularly change tranny oil every 20k?
    Yeah, always serviced with "The guy at Arncliffe" lol - i think i just have a heavy foot so hence the box going... Its there now waiting for a new box or perhaps re-condition it....
    wedding | photography | videography | www.dustinling.com