Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    ACCORD EURO

2014 Accord Euro confirmed

Caradvice.com.au reported yesterday that they interviewed the chief of Honda Japan at the Detroit auto show,who confirmed that there will most definatly be an all new Euro,which is being readied at the moment,and will be launched globally sometime in 2014...
    Cant wait to see it...

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    I'm betting Its got CVT
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2009 Accord Euro Standard
    If it does it will be a colossal stuff up. You wouldn't put it in this type of car. It doesn't seem feasible at all to do this and if you look at the other cars in the Honda range it doesn't seem to fit. Its not a hybrid after all. Though if they do then the car will be a joke.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    If you've read this:
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...uro-Drivetrain

2.4 Liter used in the TSX/JDM/EUDM Accord, in short:
    - Same K-series block (as far as pics and specs can tell)
    - AVTEC (advanced Vtec) replaced i-vtec
    - Direct Injection
    - Stop Start
    coupled with.... wait for it...
    - CVT: Continuously Variable Transmission (at least they are getting rid of that useless 5speed auto)

Above measures netted in:
    - 5% better economy
    - 5% more power
    - 10% more torque

but.... the test drive revealed:
    the new engine has sharp response on take off, opposed to today’s “comes alive at high rpms” character. Can’t quite remember the top end feel though, no thanks to the CVT
    Wouldn't surprise me if they got rid of the current 5sp auto. It wasn't horrid, but it was no where near great either. Although I wouldn't having very high hopes on anything special.

DI + Start Stop + CVT = only 10% better economy?! Any other decent car manufacturer would have gotten that and more power and torque through implementing DI alone. Although, having said that, the Euro's are typically thirsty so 10% maybe a bit more than it seems.
    Last edited by ChaosMaster; 23-01-2013 at 02:53 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    ^^^ lol my thread.

Can't wait for the reveal
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

The problem with direct injection apart from the high cost of the high pressure injectors (10X more than standard injectors) is that on high km engines carbon builds up on the back of the intake valves.

In normal port injection system the fuel washes the carbon off the intake valves, with direct injection nothing is washing the carbon off the intake valves.

The carbon builds up due to blow by from the PCV system so a catch can would be needed and very clean oil that does not flash should be used to reduce the carbon buildup.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBen View Post
    The problem with direct injection apart from the high cost of the high pressure injectors (10X more than standard injectors) is that on high km engines carbon builds up on the back of the intake valves.

In normal port injection system the fuel washes the carbon off the intake valves, with direct injection nothing is washing the carbon off the intake valves.

The carbon builds up due to blow by from the PCV system so a catch can would be needed and very clean oil that does not flash should be used to reduce the carbon buildup.
    Nothing a can of seafoam or Subaru upper engine cleaner can't fix :-)

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2
    or threebond upper engine cleaner from bursons
    what gets wet ...while its drying?

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    I think the CVT should be pretty much set since the new CRV will be moving on to CVT when the new engines come in (Honda did make the announcement when the CRV was released, saying they didn't have enough time to put the new engine and transmission in, and will replace them soonish). Not to mention the 2.4lt specs seem fairly similar (not sure if it's a K24 though).

I for one, ain't a big fan of start stop. A bit too annoying for me. If they really wanted to save fuel, it would be better to have the auto's disengage drive when at a halt or braking, leaving it in neutral (benz has a similar system). I mean a lot of taxi drivers shift to N at the light for this simple reason. It's kinda like how the Porsche Cayenne Turbo S has start stop, as if fuel consumption is important on a 2 ton + twin turbo V8 4WD. Lets hope we can turn it off.

Member Array
    Car:
    MY12 CU2 Auto
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMaster View Post
    If you've read this:
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...uro-Drivetrain

Wouldn't surprise me if they got rid of the current 5sp auto. It wasn't horrid, but it was no where near great either. Although I wouldn't having very high hopes on anything special.

DI + Start Stop + CVT = only 10% better economy?! Any other decent car manufacturer would have gotten that and more power and torque through implementing DI alone. Although, having said that, the Euro's are typically thirsty so 10% maybe a bit more than it seems.
    "Although, having said that, the Euro's are typically thirsty so 10% maybe a bit more than it seems." That is not my experience at all, & i have had 2 CU2's. It comes down to driving conditions & how the right foot is used. I don't know of too many petrol cars that can get over 1,000km on a tank.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by buddah51au View Post
    "Although, having said that, the Euro's are typically thirsty so 10% maybe a bit more than it seems." That is not my experience at all, & i have had 2 CU2's. It comes down to driving conditions & how the right foot is used. I don't know of too many petrol cars that can get over 1,000km on a tank.
    If you haven't noticed you're the exception.

While I agree with the "driving style" bit, the actual design of the motor promotes heavy footing and high rev ranges.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by buddah51au View Post
    I'm sure in the same conditions, even the V6 Aurion, BMW 328i, Commodore V6 SIDI/ V8 Auto etc would manage similar results... and they are quieter and more comfortable too.