Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2010 model
    So which one used in our current CU2 Euro? Direct injection or high cost high pressure injection?

Quote Originally Posted by BigBen View Post
    The problem with direct injection apart from the high cost of the high pressure injectors (10X more than standard injectors) is that on high km engines carbon builds up on the back of the intake valves.

In normal port injection system the fuel washes the carbon off the intake valves, with direct injection nothing is washing the carbon off the intake valves.

The carbon builds up due to blow by from the PCV system so a catch can would be needed and very clean oil that does not flash should be used to reduce the carbon buildup.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by praja6 View Post
    So which one used in our current CU2 Euro? Direct injection or high cost high pressure injection?
    Neither. CU2 uses port injection into the intake manifold.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMaster View Post
    I'm not sure about the Turbo thing though. I mean it seems the Japs are really into free revving NA engines, I don't know why they seem against Turbos. Perhaps it is the reliability and cost which is pushing them back. Or perhaps Japanese roads require revs over torque?
    That can't be right, I mean look at the TT supras, R31/32/33/34/35 skylines, GTiR Pulsars, S13/14/15 Silvia's, FC/FD RX7s, EVO1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10's and 3 generations of WRX's

I'm pretty sure the Japanese can make a turbo, but they seem to refuse
    To make it for the passenger market....
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Yeah man, plenty of old school turbo power from Toyota, Nissan, Mitsubishi, Subaru, Mazda... Then why did they stop using forced induction? If it's for emissions reasons, the Europeans somehow managed to get past that issue. Honda and Toyota would rather make crazy intricate hybrid setups instead of coming up with powerful, economical turbos. Don't forget diesels too

Member Array
    Car:
    '96 Prelude VTi-R ATTS
    There was also the Honda City turbo, RDX as well as a couple of turbo bikes. Seems reasonably likely that the next Civic Type R will be turbo.

How about making a rear wheel drive sports sedan thats affordable and fun to drive for the $30k range.

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    How about making a rear wheel drive sports sedan thats affordable and fun to drive for the $30k range.
    I think thats what the 86 is for
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Quote Originally Posted by Jasemas View Post
    I think thats what the 86 is for
    Last time I check the GT86 has only 2 doors, and a sedan has 4 doors!!

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Last time I check the GT86 has only 2 doors, and a sedan has 4 doors!!
    Touche, but for under $30k... And sporty 86 is the way to go
    I guess you can't really do 'sporty' with a sedan/euro lol
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    One reason for the anti turbo... possibly, could be that all Jap passenger are FWD. Turbo create a lot more torque than N/A, which would induce torque steer. Then again, there was the Ralliart Colt which was turbo FWD and that was a failure of massive proportions. The reason the Japs went Hybrid Electric over Diesel is because I believe there isn't any diesel fueling stations in Japan (I could be wrong). That and diesel perform best in FWY conditions, but in the city, they are worse than Petrol. The Hybrid is opposite, where the fuel economy is actually better in city driving than on FWY/Urban driving. Japan doesn't have that much FWY, considering how small the place is.

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 CRV Luxury
    Had anyone else noticed that the Honda Accord (our Euro) and the Honda Inspire (our Thai built American Accord) both disappeared from the Honda Japan website last month from the list of cars that they sell in Japan. New models can't be far off?
    SPQR
    The first ever Whiteline RSB pattern for CL9 Euro.
    The world first ever after market RSB for RE4 CRV.

The new Accord Euro is... the ILX?

I hope not. Honda has a crazy lineup with different cars having the same names for the European, Asian and American markets, or the same car having different names. They should do a BMW or Mercedes where a 328i or a E300 is the same car in Timbuktu or New York.