Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: S2000 Milage

Member Array
    Car:
    MX5 CB400S4

S2000 Milage

Been wanting an s2000 for ages now and am going to start looking but just curious as too how many k's the car is good for engine/chassis wise.

Thanks,

Jono.
    EK1 Daily Drive.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...hunt-continues!

Enjoy reading.

31 pages of useful buyers information.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    It's quality not quantity. People have blown motors and diffs with very few but harsh Kms. And then others have loads of sensible miles and maintenance without issue.

My advice is don't buy from someone who has an avatar of a throbbing turbo'd S.
    Last edited by AusS2000; 24-01-2013 at 04:45 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by dmad_dood View Post
    Been wanting an s2000 for ages now and am going to start looking but just curious as too how many k's the car is good for engine/chassis wise.

Thanks,

Jono.
    based on k's alone... 10000k's a year is low, 20000 is a bit on the high side.

but also factor in service history, accident history, paint condition. k's mean stuff all in the scheme of things
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    What? Who (other than me) drives less than 20K k's a year?

I did ~3500km last year..

Member Array
    Car:
    BB AP1
    I did 3k km in less that 4months hahaha
    Great having s2k as a daily. Waste not to drive it every day
    High kms s2k fetch a lower price but does not reflect quality. Plus the average aussie car should have 20k kms racked per yer
    Bought mine with 151.8k kms for a unbelievable price. Bit rough inside and the 2 dents and mini scratches here and there but loving it
    "A good tunning car has to be something you can take out to the streets. The car must be fun, fast, safe on all road condition "
    Keiichi Tsuchiya~

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    Under 5k last year too
    Commencing turbo build s2k Ap1!!!

Thread: http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/922032-s2kjns-build/

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1
    i done about 15k km within a year so far

got my S with under 67k km

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    I've done 10,000K in 22 months, from 27,000Km to 37000Km. It will probably be less this year, now I have air conditioning in the TR7, & have it back on the road. Depends a bit on the weather, as I don't drive the S2k or the Triumphs in lousy weather. They are locked up until all the mud & debris is off the roads after the flood.

Mine has done 185 kays. The engine and gearbox is fine. Suspension OK on good roads but skips a little on bends if surface is uneven (maybe going too fast). Vehicle is stock and happy to say to anyone "pick up one with high kays if has good history". Great car on hilly bendy roads, so much power and shifting gears is such a pleasure. Good luck with your hunt.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Mine has 174,000kms on it. I drove a few that had around 120,000 and were more expensive (Owned by guys in their 20's). The one I bought ran much better and was cheaper. Luckily the two previous owners were an older guy and a lady who took very good care of it. The only problems I've had are the radiator cracking and the rear shocks being a bit squeeky.