Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Dc2r & EGK20a
    Happen to my mates Yellow dc2r, since i had a dc2r too we changed the dizzy over, and everything worked fine, we put his original dizzy back on and exact same thing happened. Yes we thought it was the filter too, cleaned the sensors, cleaned the injectors and so on. It sounded like the car was choking. Best bet its the dizzy.

Quote Originally Posted by neut View Post
    Happen to my mates Yellow dc2r, since i had a dc2r too we changed the dizzy over, and everything worked fine, we put his original dizzy back on and exact same thing happened. Yes we thought it was the filter too, cleaned the sensors, cleaned the injectors and so on. It sounded like the car was choking. Best bet its the dizzy.
    Could be signs of the coil in the dizzy going, not entirely the dizzy itself. A lot lot cheaper than replacing the whole unit!
    EG

Member Array
    Car:
    Dc2r & EGK20a
    If i remember correctly we changed my coil over my mates dizzy too, still didnt work. So we swapped dizzy's entirely and it worked. Try changing the coil though, if it works for you then your in luck. Saves you $$ That night my friend was so over the car we cleaned everything, o2 sensor, injectors and tps. We even swapped spark plug leads. All this, ended up being the whole dizzy. Well Keep us updated! hope this helps.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Type R
    Thanks guys. Well had the car with the mechanic for 2 days now. Checked the ignition coil and says all is in order there. Did some other routine checks but can't fault the car either. Car keeps backfiring through the air-intake upon startup.
    Reckons he will now have to start taking off parts and have them checked individually. Man this sucks.
    you'll be sayin to yourself 'damn is that a Type-R'?

Quote Originally Posted by kam7 View Post
    Thanks guys. Well had the car with the mechanic for 2 days now. Checked the ignition coil and says all is in order there. Did some other routine checks but can't fault the car either. Car keeps backfiring through the air-intake upon startup.
    Reckons he will now have to start taking off parts and have them checked individually. Man this sucks.
    Sounds like a timing issue more than anything?
    EG

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Civic
    Quote Originally Posted by infurNOS View Post
    Sounds like a timing issue more than anything?
    Thats what it sounds like, had a similar issue once when i got my car back from repair shop, they put the timing belt off 1 tooth and it would run sometimes, and other times run really bad.
    = First Production Company To Produce 100HP Per Litre NA

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Type R
    Had the mechanic check a lot of things now including the timing and compression and all is normal. But he found something - corrosion on the wiring and plugs that connects to the engine computer. Says it looks like it may have been flooded.
    Cleaned it up, fixed the wires and says car runs perfectly in the workshop. Now for the moment of truth...roat test. I'm praying it'll be good otherwise reckons computer may need replacing.

Quote Originally Posted by kam7 View Post
    I'm praying it'll be good otherwise reckons computer may need replacing.
    lets hope not..
    EG

Member Array
    Car:
    EF8
    Good excuse to upgrade lol. But second hand ecus are cheapish anyway

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Type R
    Quote Originally Posted by ceekay101 View Post
    Yeah, any suggestions which one's the best to get more power? The little slut's cost me a lot of moolah and boy is she gonna get a hiding once I got her back on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by ceekay101 View Post
    Its not only that, the DC2R has an immobolizer which is connected to the ECU so you may need a bypass kit? but dont quote me on that.
    EG

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Type R
    Hey guys, well I got her back on Friday. Mechanic pin pointed the issue to corroded wiring that led to the engine computer. Cleaned it up & re-wired, cleaned injectors and throttle, put in new spark plugs.
    Damn she runs good again, great starts, more responsive and more grunt. Corroded wires, who would have guessed.