Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    INTEGRA 2DR DA9

92 Integra 2DR NO SPARK

Hi,
    We have been away for an extended period and when we returned and tried to start the Integra it had a flat battery. After charging the battery overnight the car started twice and than won't start again.
    I have had the battery replaced, had RACQ roadside assist inspect it and after numerous phone calls back to base and head office advised they couldn't assist other than tow it to a work shop. (It is still in my shed)
    I have since checked all the electrical circuits that I can, I have checked the main relay for bad soldered joints, fuel pump works as it should, nothing obvious that comes to mind.
    The car worked normally before we left ?
    Any assistance or advice on a good Honda mechanic in the Hervey Bay area would be appreciated.
    Cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Civic
    have you checked the ignition module under the dash near the bonnet release and all fuses too, but if the fuel pump is priming should be fine, try the ignition coil inside the distributor, if you can pull it out then do so and give it 12v and put the output contact close to the ground some how (piece of metal or wire looped from negative wire to a few mm from the output. Try that.
    = First Production Company To Produce 100HP Per Litre NA

Member Array
    Car:
    INTEGRA 2DR DA9
    Hi,

Thank's for replying, I have checked all fuses both under the bonnet and in the drivers footwell again just to make sure. The ignition module (main relay ?), I have removed, checked all the soldered joints on the circuit board and retouched some but I didn't feel they were an issue. I have since removed the rotor checked voltage at the distributor with 12+ v being available. I have also checked the resistance of the ignition coil with 1 ohm across the primaries and 13.54 K ohm across the secondaries. Everything within the distributor looks as it should ?

I cannot remove any of the other modules within the distributor due to access to the retaining screws.

I have also checked as much of the wiring looms back to the instrument console for damaged wiring ? I did uncover the previous owners attempt at an immobiliser (which had been removed and just cut wires left under the dash) and have since removed the wires and repaired the wiring loom in these areas.

After each step I have been testing the vehicle if it will start with no success.

Guess I just keep looking ?

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Civic
    ok sounds good but the coil can still be faulty regardless of the readings. so you obviously have pulled a lead out and put a plug or screw in it and get no spark to ground?

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Civic
    im not sure what else it could be

Member Array
    Car:
    INTEGRA 2DR DA9
    Just rechecked the distributor output, checked by directly shorting the distributor cap to earth and plug leads at end to earth. No Joy :-(

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Civic
    ok, Im pretty sure that most if not all Honda internal ignition coils are the same, see if anyone can lend you one just to test, otherwise there about $90. btw if you didnt know (you may already know), the rotor has a screw in the side that can only be accessed from one side so just give the starter some clicks to line it up.

Member Array
    Car:
    INTEGRA 2DR DA9
    I had the rotor off doing some of the checks as they required disconnecting leads to the igniter module, checking continuity and voltage. I was thinking that I may be up for a complete distributor but I will try and source an ignition coil first though.
    Thank's for your assistance, I will post a result if I eventually get the old girl running again, it has always been a reliable car for my wife up until this happened and I must admit I like driving it as well. Guess next time I will disconnect the battery when we go away for extended periods.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Civic
    just post up a wanted ad that u wanna borrow/buy an internal coil, im sure many ppl will have a spare to give/lend or sell you.

Member Array
    Car:
    INTEGRA 2DR DA9
    I have ordered a replacement distributor from Victoria should be hear by middle of next week, hopefully that will be the end of my troubles.
    thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Civic
    an entire distributor? I hope it was cheap

Member Array
    Car:
    INTEGRA 2DR DA9
    If it solves the problem, it is cheap, I could just replace the coil but I need to resolve the problem sooner rather than later.
    cheers