Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG hatch

Post What kinda power can I expect out of my d15 with bolt ons and tune?

So, flogged topic, I know, but like all of my other posts are this is specific and haven't found sources to educate me correctly yet...

running a d15b7 with no intention of swapping. Getting all new intake and piping and manifolds (all the fancy shit, cause I can) in a couple of months or so. What do I need to get in regards with tuning - hondata? and what kind of power should I expect to see? This is an N/A build. (doing it for the experience more or less)

- city car, couldn't care less how much more power I get - so long as its more.

Does anyone have any recommendation of tuners in the Brisbane city area, I don't mind paying for quality...

Sorry again for flogging the topic.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    Remove the engine and cut a hole in the floor. Flintstone it! You will have more power ATF " at the feet" then you would atw with a D15 with bolt ons. Save the money. Drop in a b18c2 or somthing

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Research Bisimoto he is single cam god

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Civic
    intake, header + exhaust and a cam if you can afford and thats about all you can do before it goes into "I might aswell get a b-series" territory
    = First Production Company To Produce 100HP Per Litre NA

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    60-70kw max even on a generous dyno.

I love the D series, but of course it's not really worth spending $2,000+ like you're planning to.

Turbo it. Otherwise if you insist on keeping the D because you want to be different then do a CAI, header, high flow cat and a 2" or 2.25" exhaust. Stick to cheap items (eBay etc, honestly the gains will be quite minimal and not worth the big $$$).

Don't bother tuning it. You're looking at at least $1,000-1,500+ for an ecu and a tune. Not worth tuning a D unless you're doing headwork or turbo.

If you're not happy with those mods alone then a lightweight flywheel and a 4.7 or 4.9 FD are an awesome idea. No more power, but it makes your power much more usable/accessible. A heavy duty clutch is also a great idea while the box comes off. These three items are also likely to set you back $1,500+ if you do the labour yourself, $2g or more if you pay somebody.

What dougie is trying to say is, don't think too big with the D-series... Save the dosh for a better engine if you like your EG that much otherwise get a faster car
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Man that was a fast reply.

Yeah basically I am. Forced induction or don't bother chasing power.

You can get great N/A power out of a SOHC D series but it's a long path, a lot of work, loads of research, and you can't do a half-assed job of it. It's a full motor build or it's nothing. Dropping in a stage 1 cam or w/e might give you a handful of KW's. Nothing to write home about.

I can tell you how to do an N/A build if you want but you're looking at $4-5,000 bare minimum IMO.

Member Array
    Car:
    b18c2+T Ej8
    Waste of $$$, Turbo it, or swap it. otherwise pay money get nothing

Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    About 60-70 kw max
    OEM parts whore

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG hatch
    haha you guys make me smile . My reasons for doing what I'm doing is in essence as simply as for the experience of doing it just cause I can. 60 - 70kw is a HUGE gain in my books regardless if I pay 2k. My build is more about making the car pretty and reliable. I don't want a fast car yet - just a faster one.

None the less I plan on doing CAI (DIY airbox reroute) both manifolds (intake and exhaust) and a 2.25" exhaust.

Thank you all for your responses, I think I've got what I need...

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 nugget
    Hey matey,

just wanted to confitm that you are looking at about 70kw TOTAL at the wheels. Not a gain of 70kw. That would be one magician of an intake.