Honda CRX 1997 speedo problems

Hi,

Recently I have noticed my speedo when driving stop working with a check engine light coming on, then sometimes a few minutes later the speedo will start working again then die again?

I replaced the engine in September at Honbits in Sydney but been working fine till recently.

I have a Honda CRX 1997 DelSol.

I don't know much about the car but any help would be great!

Thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    Crx Del Sol
    I had a similar problem.... All except the check engine light. It is an intermittent problem with the VSS. I would say that it's past it's useful life span. When I asked Honda to price up a VSS for me it was ~300 installed. Ended up getting the part thru a supplier and doing it myself

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Civic
    check the speedo connection, its a plug in the top/back of the gearbox basically directly behind/under the starter motor next to the rear mount, not hard to get too at all, just unplug it the plug it back in.

Hope this helps
    = First Production Company To Produce 100HP Per Litre NA

Thanks gents.
    Ill check out the speedo cable tomorrow and take it out and put it back in.
    Just need to locate where it is, like I said I don't know a whole deal about the car lol

Member Array
    Car:
    Crx Del Sol
    There is a sensor wire yes. The VSS is right behind the thermostat housing and is held down 10mm bolts. When you pull it out there is a brass spindle that may stay in place be careful I broke my first one) one it's put I advise pulling it apart and checking the spring and retainer (mine had worn a hole thru the retainer) so all I needed was a spring and retainer ~$10 and 1/2 hours work

ok sorry for the super late reply

oopoc - who did you go through to get your replacement VVS? its been a hassle to get one.

I took mine out and everything looks fine so I am guessing its the actual attachment to where the plug connects into the VVS that is broken

Member Array
    Car:
    Crx Del Sol
    Quote Originally Posted by BEJAI 66 View Post
    ok sorry for the super late reply

oopoc - who did you go through to get your replacement VVS? its been a hassle to get one.

I took mine out and everything looks fine so I am guessing its the actual attachment to where the plug connects into the VVS that is broken
    I actualy bought a eBay one.

http://bit.ly/TCLSvK

Post up pics of yours and I will have a looksee. Mine actualy looked fine but once I cleaned it up I noticed the wear marks so I replaced what needed to be and bam speed signal.