Member Array
    Car:
    eg civic

eg civic auto to manual partlist

I just completed my eg auto to manual conversion and a member here on ozhonda asked me if I could post up the parts needed to do the manual conversion. So instead of just pming him the items I thought id post it up here just incase anybody else needed help on it.

Transmission this one is pretty obvious lol, tbh if you wanna make your life easier get all the same items as the gearbox (eg. clutch,flywheel, cv joints)

Clutch/Flywheel/Pressure Plate same thing as above use the same model as the ones for your gearbox. BTW make sure you get manual flywheel bolts as they are different to the auto ones.

shifter and shifer linkages again any eg civic one should fit. people in the states use the integra dual bend shifter as it is better then the single bend eg one but u will have to do a bit of modifications to get it to fit I'm pretty sure its just a bit of grinding as the shifter is to wide but correct me if I'm wrong please. also might aswell change all the bushings while it's all out.

Ecu if you don't want any headaches use a manual one but you can convert your auto ecu to manual heres how to do it for a p29 ecu (d16y1) http://www.d-series.org/forums/diy-f...onversion.html.

Clutch Resovir, Hydraulic Lines, slave cylinder and master cylinder these pretty much connect from the clutch pedal all the way to the transmission imo buy a new master cylinder if you can as they are pretty common to leak as these cars are getting older.

starter motor You need to buy a manual one.

Manual pedal and brake pedal Ok now you need just the manual pedal assembly including the bracket to mount it to the firewall. With the brake pedal you must change it as the auto one is different but you only need to change just the pedal not the bracket. I found this way easier then changing the whole bracket as you would have to removing the accelerator aswell.

shiftknob and shiftboot you only need a shift knob and shift boot as you can still use the automatic shifter console the brackets are all there to get the shiftboot attached.

engine mounts you will need a auto to manual upper transmission mount (under $150 dollars delivered on ebay) also in my case i found the rear transmission mount was different between the auto and manual ones(again please correct me if I'm wrong) but all the other mounts should be the same

Inspection plate little thing that covers the part of the transmission

Sheet metal to cover the hole where the auto shifter was.

THINGS YOU DON'T NEED

Throttle cable
    I didn't need to change the throttle cable but if you want to change it you must change the whole pedal assembly as you cannot fit a auto cable on manual pedals and vice versa.

Throttle body cable attachment
    totally forgot the proper name for it but the wheel that the throttle cable connects to lol. I didn't need to change it just remove the extra auto cable going to the transmission. But i had a manual one laying around and put it on so i guess you can do whatever with this one.

CV joints
    they are the same.

manual console piece
    stated before you don't need it as the auto one has all the brackets and holes to mount the shift boot.

That's all i can think of for now if I have missed anything feel free to post so I can edit the post.
    Last edited by 2MPRS; 25-01-2013 at 06:16 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    EURO LUX
    i actually cut the auto transmission shifter hole and rewelded in a manual one when i did a manual conversion on my yellow eg.
    i dont think sheet metal will pass rwc and engineering

Member Array
    Car:
    eg civic
    probably the better approach to it but i used two layers of sheet metal (pretty thick) got it welded on and rubber coated underneath of it didnt have a spare car at the time to cut the hole

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Nice one! Did you get any pics up? I might use this for future reference when i get my fulls.

Member Array
    Car:
    eg civic
    No sorry no pics was in a rush to do it as I had work a few days later but just send me a pm if u nneed help if your stuck