Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    i ran my D15b7 on the original FEO 10w30 for years, when the FEO-Ultra 5w30 came out i started using that instead
    the engine went all the way out to 340000 odd kms without having any oil issues at all
    swapped that out for a JDM D15b with kms around the 150k mark (was an auto) - mated that to all the stuff that was bolted on to the D15b7
    first run oil was castrol magnatec 10w30 - then after about 2000kms i swapped to FEO-Ultra 5w30 - and again ... no problems at all and engine runs very well
    neither engines have ever been opened or had any major surgery

i just bought a 2004 euro that has been spoon fed on redline oil its whole life - i was going to use FEO-Ultra at the next service but now i dont know what to do lol
    what is the HEO oil? - never heard of that one before

could it be that it actually has similar specs to the old FEO-Ultra - because it is rated on a newer grading scale than the old FEO
    the old FEO is SL graded - but the new one is API SN graded
    Last edited by TheSaint; 27-01-2013 at 03:36 AM.
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro Lux Nav
    You would think that Honda would have done some testing with Ultra Leo 0W20 Sn oil with the euro to recommended it! I will be giving it a go when I get my euro serviced next week.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sambo73 View Post
    You would think that Honda would have done some testing with Ultra Leo 0W20 Sn oil with the euro to recommended it! I will be giving it a go when I get my euro serviced next week.
    Cu2? go ahead

CL9? not so much

remember CU2 was designed with friction reduction in mind, that includes thinner oil.
    CL9 wasnt
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    has anyone tried liqui moli as an alternative - i have been using it in all my non-honda cars recently and its not bad
    i dont know if i like it enough to put it in my hondas tho lol

everyone swears by their Mos2 friction modifier but im not sure if vtec would like it too much

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSaint View Post
    everyone swears by their Mos2 friction modifier but im not sure if vtec would like it too much
    I used it in mine, didnt feel any difference.
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    notice any difference in fuel economy or long term wear on parts etc?

or just nothing at all?

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    nope, nada.

I noticed more difference when I swapped from 5w30 M1EP to 0w40 M1 gold.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    " You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Fredoops again. "

darn it lol

Running Amsoil 0w-20 feels like the engine was in neutral and free reving, and the willingness of hitting vtec rev range to redline is a real pleasure. I guest this was expected for a thinner oil.

What I did find was that in the morning (especially in winter) on start up then engine sounds quieter than the factory fill. I dump the factory fill at about 3000km as the pinging drove me nuts.

With 70% Sydney city driving and with climate control set to AUTO 22c. I get 8.7litres/100km as shown on my B mode trip computer which I don't reset until I do a service.

Also at 20k I flush the automatic trans fluid with new DW1 and this made a difference when the engine is shifting when cold. I don't get that slight hesitation that the CU was starting to develop. I suppose the oil has started to break down at this early stage.
    Last edited by BigBen; 28-01-2013 at 09:29 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2
    thats what spare parts guy said to me too.
    also stndrd i just put hpr5 into my euro at 80k kms and daaaam its smoooooth
    Quote Originally Posted by redseven View Post
    Does the engine feel smoother on the OEM Honda 5w-20 or 0w-20 oils? Might give these a try at the next service.

Damn, maybe not:
    HONDA ULTRA LEO SN 0W-20: "Warning: Use this oil only in the models where such is recommended by Honda. Do NOT use this oil in the engines where 5W-20, 5W-30, 5W-40 or 10W-30-rated motor oils are recommended."

http://jaytec-lubricants.com/index.p...roducts_id=272
    what gets wet ...while its drying?

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro Lux Nav
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_LATE View Post
    thats what spare parts guy said to me too.
    also stndrd i just put hpr5 into my euro at 80k kms and daaaam its smoooooth
    But Honda is recommending 0W20 oil!!! If my dealer is saying that Honda is replacing 5W30 with 0W20 you would think it has been tested for the euro

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2
    don't be their guinea pig
    what gets wet ...while its drying?