Unhappy Bought DC2R clutch problem?!

Hey guys

I just recently purchased a DC2R in nighthawk black. drove 5 hours back to sydney, car was perfect when i checked it out except for a very small engine leak near the distrubitor cap which i assume would be the VTEC soleniod. the car managed to make it back to sydney perfectly and i have been driving it daily for a few days but yesterday i was warming up the car before driving and playing with the clucth in neutral when i noticed that the clutch pedal felt rough would probaly be the best way to describe it would be rusty?? (checked no rust lol) like the travel felt creaky? no abnormal sounds or anything. slowly through out the day as i was driving i noticed the friction point going lower and lower and now its about an inch of the floor when it use to be near the brake pedal. then when i was driving home i noticed the pedal feels very "dead" or easy to push in and the pedal to "depress" or come out very slowly. the clutch itself dosn't feel broken and there isnt any wierd noises or anythig coming from the car and it engages fine just the friction point is low to the ground. the car dose feel slighty sluggish now and dose not accelarate as fast as it should.

im wa thinking it could be my master cylinder/ slave but since the car isnt accelarating as fast thinking it might be my pressure plate? managed to drive it home with the low friction point but the sluggish engine has me worried not sure its a direct result of the broken clutch or not.

Anyone had any similar problem i cant seem to pinpoint it to one problem

cheers guys

Member Array
    Car:
    INTEGRA TYPE R
    Check your clutch fluid and make sure the master cylinder isn't leaking.. Had a similar issue at one point as the seals on the clutch master cylinder was on its way out.. Got a brand new OEM and fixed the problem..

So get down under the pedals with a light and see if there is fluid residue.. And make sure fluid levels are okay
    THERES NO CAR LIKE A TYPE R

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Civic
    btw the leak will more than likely be the cam seal on the exhaust cam.
    = First Production Company To Produce 100HP Per Litre NA

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Quote Originally Posted by DCZ 18C View Post
    Check your clutch fluid and make sure the master cylinder isn't leaking.. Had a similar issue at one point as the seals on the clutch master cylinder was on its way out.. Got a brand new OEM and fixed the problem..

So get down under the pedals with a light and see if there is fluid residue.. And make sure fluid levels are okay

This. Same thing has happened to me.

Check if the pedal feel returns to normal when you pump it a few times, and yeah the fluid level/leak under the pedal are a dead giveaway.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2/180sx
    This happened to my civic all it was needed was retoped clutch fluid as it was very low.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Any update from OP?

yeah it was definatly the master cylinder leaking against the pedal, checked clutch fluid and it was all gone aswell so definately have to rip up the carpet and make sure its all clean.
    still waiting on the master cylinder to come in before any work can go ahead so cars out of action unfortunatly. but i ran into this issue ,from all the sources i checked online i ordered a new master and slave cylinder according to what i saw but double checking the one in the car it seemed he inlet is positioned differently. so i have two issues at the momment iether he master cyclinder currently in the car was replaced with a different model at sometime or i will have to adjust/bend the metal line in order to make it fit? will it be safe to do so? dosn't look too much of a move though, the inlet on the new CMC is only an inch away from the where it is currently in the car.

CMC currently in car

similiar to the one i ordered. stupid me for not double checking

what do you guys think? will it fit?
    Last edited by Flash; 07-02-2013 at 04:47 PM.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Pics not working for my Tapatalk.

You can still drive the car if you need to. Just put a piece of scrap carpet behind the clutch pedal to catch the fluid and top up the fluid to get pedal pressure.

I can't remember if the CMC's are different in the US or not due to LHD vs RHD.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...203114654.jpg/
    one in the car

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...d5hpbbrctd.jpg

one i bought

not sure why the [IMG] isnt showing it, thanks for the help guys =]

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC2R
    I just double checked my MSC which is Honda OEM and it looks like the one you currently have fitted. Could the one you purchased be for LHD?

Its coming from the UK so pressume it would be for RHD also made sure it was a Honda not Acura? I guess I'll just have to wait for it to come in and see what happens. Had a closer look at the lines and fitting from what I can see if I move the metal line and inch to the right it should fit cause at least there both 5/8 fittings