Member Array
    Car:
    FD Civic Modulo

Honda dealer parts installation

Hi Everyone,

Just helping a friend out who wants to get some factory stuff installed in his car. He has a 2011 Civic FD2 Sport and wants to get the ambient lighting kit and bass works kit installed. I said I could do it for him, but he said no... he wanted a dealer to do it.
    Anyway, I usually go to Larke Hoskins (since I live in Sydney) for parts as they tend to be cheaper there. However when asked about who will be doing the installs... he was told that they have to get an auto electrician in to do the work. Now... I'm not too sure how it's supposed to work out, but I thought that Honda gets the Honda people to do these electrical installs?
    Does every dealer get an independent auto electrician to do an electrical install or is it the case of some do and some dont?
    At the same time, I'd also like to ask if anyone knows any other dealers with good prices as doing my research, i can see that prices vary by hundreds across different dealers. :-/

Thanks.

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude ATTS
    Im not to sure i would think the bigger places would have someone onsite or have someone cross trained in electrics best way would be to cut out the middle man (Honda) and go straight to auto electrician they told him they are outsourcing to someone else anyway. Will cost less if u go direct

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=170976

The user in that thread is also thinking about doing the bass works install as well, you can see what he was told as well.

The ambient lighting should be plug and play I thought ... but I'm not sure.

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude ATTS
    Quote Originally Posted by lolmclol View Post
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=170976

The user in that thread is also thinking about doing the bass works install as well, you can see what he was told as well.

The ambient lighting should be plug and play I thought ... but I'm not sure.
    OP is the same in both threads lol

Quote Originally Posted by manolii View Post
    OP is the same in both threads lol
    Ah .. didn't bother looking .. thanks :-P