Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    2007 CRV Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by SPQR View Post
    If you're wanting a quite tyre do not get Dunlop Sport Maxx GT. They're excellent in all attributes except for noise. On the CL9 with 16" rims, they emit a rather loud howl like 4WD tyres but constant at speed rather than variable pitch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogchaser View Post
    And in my experience, wheel alignment is a major factor to tyre noise.
    Good alignment, low noise.....
    I agree. I got all four wheels aligned. The car tracks straight but the noise is ever-present.
    Last edited by SPQR; 14-03-2013 at 08:44 PM.
    SPQR
    The first ever Whiteline RSB pattern for CL9 Euro.
    The world first ever after market RSB for RE4 CRV.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    07 Accord Euro
    I have Yokohama Avid Envigor and they are quiet. Not an agressive tread, nice in the wet and dry. I would recomend for sure.

I am actually selling these on 07 Euro Lux rims now so whoever gets these should be happy.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    07 Civic Sport
    I'd go with the yokohma db v551, I put a set on my wife's civic sport, whilst they are a bit of the pricey side I think they were well worth the money.

Quote Originally Posted by euro1603 View Post
    Bridgestone re050a Vs re002 ? any euro user reviews ? i can get either quite cheap so that eliminates the other brands..
    RE050A is regarded as a 'premium' performance tyre, they're factory fitments to cars such as Merc S55 AMG?, Ferrari Enzo [Special Compound though], RFT versions are fitted to BMW Z4 and 5-Series too. So figure them as a premium sport tyre so they grip well but also provide higher levels of comfort, lower road noise, etc. Afterall you have expensive clients, have to make sure they can chat without raising their voice.

RE002 on the otherhand are more budget street performance tyres. They definitely won't provide you the grip the RE050A can provide, will probably be less comfortable and noisier. The treadwear would tell you that the RE002 would outlast the RE050A on its average drive test.
    Last edited by DreadAngel; 25-02-2013 at 02:53 AM.
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Member Array
    Car:
    GTI /Tiguan/CU2
    I have RE050A on my GTI and have done 20,000km plus with 3 track days and over 10 Happy Laps (30mnts on track) and somehow thry still have 4-5mm of thread depth in the middle. The wearrating of 140 is not really comparable to other brands. One thing I like, super stiff sidewall although not run flat = precission handling.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Are the RE050A rated 140? I doubt it, you must be mistaking it for something else. 260 is what I recalled them to be. 140 would normally be allocated with EPS tyres, not MPS.

Member Array
    Car:
    GTI /Tiguan/CU2
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMaster View Post
    Are the RE050A rated 140? I doubt it, you must be mistaking it for something else. 260 is what I recalled them to be. 140 would normally be allocated with EPS tyres, not MPS.
    well, 140 is what i can see on my Potenza RE050A on my car right now. I also had 2 sets of RE050 before, both had 140.

also:
    http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....XLV2&tab=Sizes

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by natnat View Post
    well, 140 is what i can see on my Potenza RE050A on my car right now. I also had 2 sets of RE050 before, both had 140.

also:
    http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....XLV2&tab=Sizes
    That is interesting. It seems as you are correct. My mistake. I'm quite surprised though, even the semi slick KU36, which are one beast of a track tyre and reknown to be quite fast wearing is rated 180.

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    Yep, RE050A's are 140 A A. Got them on the Lexus. The newer top of the line S002's are rated 280 A A. I got these on my Euro.
    Both aren't that quiet either.
    Honda Accord Euro CU2 / Lexus IS-F

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by Type R Positive View Post
    Yep, RE050A's are 140 A A. Got them on the Lexus. The newer top of the line S002's are rated 280 A A. I got these on my Euro.
    Both aren't that quiet either.
    They definetly aren't the quietest around, but for their performance (the RE050a anyway, haven't tried the S002, apparently they're worse.....) they are quiet. In general, the gripper/sticker the tyres, the louder they are. There are some exceptions to it, but it's a general rule. Don't expect any Max Performance Tyre to be as quiet as Summer Touring tyres (like the dB V551).

Member Array
    Car:
    BA5 & CL9 lux
    I have Pirelli p7 ....can't complain
    WprHeader|J'intake|FLP100Cell|FGKcatback|NstPulley s|PivotRaizin|ProgressRSB|CuscoTypeI TB&StrutBrace|OkadaCoil|TeinSS|SpoonRigidCollar|Re flashedEcu|PWRtransmissionCooler|RE30|6pots+330mm rotor

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9/Type-S
    Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 quiet with great grip tyres !
    Hondata FlashPro tuning remotly http://flashprotuning.com