Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Euro Luxury MY06

Please recommend a set of new quiet tires for Cl9

I am currently running a set of AVS DB V550 on the 06 Cl9 Lux. I'm on the looking for a new set of tires that is quiet and comfy over performance. Currently looking at Advan Sport V103, does anyone have experience with the mentioned tires?

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    V551 are the replacement for the V550. In general though, the grippier the tyre, the noisier they are, at least in my experience. There's a lot of different brands and models out there, but in general, Conti's (in my experience) are pretty noisy. I've tried KU18 and they're quieter than Mich XM2+ Energy. Yokohama road tyres (according to comparison reviews) seem in general, to be quieter than other brands, however also have less grip than other brands.

I guess my best advice would be research w/e model you are thinking of buying before you buy it, however take user reviews with a grain of salt. E.g. I've got Conti Sport Contact 3, which have had a lot of good owner reviews, however I've found them to be extremely noisy. After reading proper comparison reviews (done by review sites and magazines), I've found that they were noisier in general. The problem is, that the CSC3 come standard on a lot of Euro cars (e.g. Benz C and E class) where the owners are cheap arses and they opt for generic brands like Achilles or Bob Jane etc when they choose to upgrade, and find that the new tyres are a lot worse, making the CSC3 seem excellent.

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2
    shit bro u got money best of the best. i had them on and they will not dissapoint. very quiet very very grippy. u shud get at least 35k kms out of it. 35k of fun that is
    what gets wet ...while its drying?

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Euro, Evo 8
    Michelin Pilot PS3.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    IS250 CU2 MK6R
    KU39 is not too bad runing on my is250 compare to the re050,good price as well

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Quote Originally Posted by sodaz View Post
    Michelin Pilot PS3.
    As above.My wife has them on her 2009 Civic.Nice and quiet.

Member Array
    Car:
    04 Euro Lux
    Yeah I agree with the pilot ps3's for noise. I had them and they were great tyres.
    Mods: Pioneer Double DIN GPS, K&N Typhoon CAI, Buddyclub N+ Spec, Topspeed Headers, Skunk2 Catback Exhaust

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Euro Luxury MY06
    thanks all for contributing. I have rang around and decided on a Bridgestone S001 set. They will cost me 210 per corner, plus I'll get free wheels aligment. Anyone have experience with the bridgestone? Kinda shy away after the stock Bridgestone...

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 CRV Luxury
    If you're wanting a quite tyre do not get Dunlop Sport Maxx GT. They're excellent in all attributes except for noise. On the CL9 with 16" rims, they emit a rather loud howl like 4WD tyres but constant at speed rather than variable pitch.
    SPQR
    The first ever Whiteline RSB pattern for CL9 Euro.
    The world first ever after market RSB for RE4 CRV.

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro & CRV
    Hey turbo
    Just remember that the euro is not the usual FWD car....wheel alignment spec are far different...
    Follow this from our friendly moderator......

17-01-2012 09:47 AM #8
    aaronng
    Ninja turtle

Car:
    Chloe
    Trade Rating
    9 (100%)

Agree with posting the printout. Here are the stock specs for CL9 (2003-2007) from the factory:

Front
    Left & right Toe: 0 mm (+-1.0 mm) on each side
    Left & right Camber: 0 º (+- 45')

Rear
    Left & right Toe: 1 mm (+-1.0 mm) on each side
    Left & right Camber: -1.0 º (+- 30')

Note that the front toe is actually 0mm. Standard practice by many tyre shops is to dial in -2mm total toe in (-1mm on each side) to increase straight line stability. This is not required for the Euro but many tyre shops still do it. The toe in will increase tyre wear on the front outside tyres when you are turning in.
    Last edited by aaronng; 17-01-2012 at 09:50 AM.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2
    Reply Reply With Quote

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro & CRV
    And in my experience, wheel alignment is a major factor to tyre noise.
    Good alignment, low noise.....

Member Array
    Car:
    07 CL9
    Bridgestone re050a Vs re002 ? any euro user reviews ? i can get either quite cheap so that eliminates the other brands..
    -------Black CL9 07 ltd edt----------