Car Servicing @ Dealership

Hi,
    Just wondering, have anybody tried this at the dealership service?
    My car is relatively new (6months 4000km).

My 10KM service (or half year), I switched from their oil to Mobil 1 EP, they were happy to use my own oil.

At the next service, I want to switch my oil again + change oil filter.

I want to give them a oil filter to fit instead of using a Honda one (thinking of using K&N Pro Oil Filter), are they usually OK with that same as giving them own oil?

Thanks in advance.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by caudex View Post
    Hi,
    Just wondering, have anybody tried this at the dealership service?
    My car is relatively new (6months 4000km).

My 10KM service (or half year), I switched from their oil to Mobil 1 EP, they were happy to use my own oil.

At the next service, I want to switch my oil again + change oil filter.

I want to give them a oil filter to fit instead of using a Honda one (thinking of using K&N Pro Oil Filter), are they usually OK with that same as giving them own oil?

Thanks in advance.
    I dont see why not.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

i was told too many things and they wont do it. if just oil/oil filter, might be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by sensei_ View Post
    i was told too many things and they wont do it. if just oil/oil filter, might be ok.
    When i bought in my own oil the first time, they didn't mention a thing. So i guess a oil filter wouldn't really matter too.

i had another dealer (not honda) refuse to stamp my log books because i had supplied my own filters (air, oil and fuel) and engine oil.

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2
    if something goes wrong that involves the oil filter which you suplied then they wont cover warranty. thats what they said. but cars these days are made to break after warranty not before.
    what gets wet ...while its drying?