Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    *09-CU2-Lux-6MT

Question K&N Air Filter part no. for Euro Luxury

G'day Guys

Today I bought a K&N air filter Part no. 33-2402, went to install it and would not fit
    the air housing, totally cheesed off, its original price was $161 but was reduced to $86

Also when i'd taken out the original filter it was really dirty with black gunk in various parts. The car has 44,600Km's. im also from Canberra..

Do any members have the K&N standard filter installed and what's the correct part for our cars.
    The guys at Repco said he always has problems with Honda car air filters not fitting correctly.
    Im also wondering is this a useful thing to replace or just keep the original filter and stuff it..

Please could you help me out, many thanks for any replies
    Thanks
    Vid

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by VIDSEURO View Post
    G'day Guys

Today I bought a K&N air filter Part no. 33-2402, went to install it and would not fit
    the air housing, totally cheesed off, its original price was $161 but was reduced to $86

Also when i'd taken out the original filter it was really dirty with black gunk in various parts. The car has 44,600Km's. im also from Canberra..

Do any members have the K&N standard filter installed and what's the correct part for our cars.
    The guys at Repco said he always has problems with Honda car air filters not fitting correctly.
    Im also wondering is this a useful thing to replace or just keep the original filter and stuff it..

Please could you help me out, many thanks for any replies
    33-2402 is for the BIG ACCORD, not accord euro

33-2430 i sfor the Acura TSX/Accord euro
    http://www.knfilters.com/search/prod...x?Prod=33-2430
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Quote Originally Posted by VIDSEURO View Post
    Seems excessively overpriced for $161. $86 is ok though.
    You can get it cheaper at amazon.com though even when its including shipping. Around US$50 at amazon which already includes shipping.

Use the 33-2430 that one will fit.

Oh just wondering though, what do they call the air filter in the service manual? Is it the air cleaner element?

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by caudex View Post
    Oh just wondering though, what do they call the air filter in the service manual? Is it the air cleaner element?
    bingo
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    just bought one for $120 at Auto1
    Part No. 33-2276
    for 2004 CL9 mt

fits factory air box but doesnt fit comptech icebox - 2-4mm gap all the way around
    lets in alot of hot air, makes it sound like a pod filter
    also lost torque and throttle response that is generated from the larger volume comptech lid

another thing i dont like about this filter is that it has alot smaller surface area
    the filter area is a rectangle that ends where the angle tapers off
    i tried to retro-fit it with some rubber strips from clark rubber but didnt like the sound or results

ordered a replacement from uni-filter with cleaning/oil kit
    they make the original filter for the comptech icebox
    it sounds better and i got better performance out of it

ill be selling on the k+n filter after only a week of use

Last edited by TheSaint; 27-01-2013 at 11:55 PM.
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSaint View Post
    just bought one for $120 at Auto1
    Part No. 33-2276
    Thats for a CL9.

I paid $40 for mine, shipped from the USA to my door.

I also have unifilter that came with the icebox, i prefer the K&N myself.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    how do you go with the gap around the k+n filter not sealing and letting in all the hot air?
    pretty much negates the point of having the larger volume box from comptech
    there was a dramatic performance loss and it sounded like crap when i just straight swapped the filters
    got about 50kms less on that tank as well

using rubber strips to seal it in helped but was still no where close to the unifilter

i actually thought the k+n would be an upgrade =/

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    double sided tape.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    and that was thick enough to seal it in?? - the gap on mine was at least 4mm or even 5mm wide
    i used a very thick rubber strip that sealed the filter right into the lid and it still didnt perform as well as the unifilter

perhaps different engines like different things lol

then again it was louder with more top end - i liked the more quiet sports car sound and the nice gain in throttle response and torque that the original setup offered

also is your comptech icebox the newer version or the older version - could have something to do with the differences we are experiencing =p

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSaint View Post
    and that was thick enough to seal it in?? - the gap on mine was at least 4mm or even 5mm wide
    i used a very thick rubber strip that sealed the filter right into the lid and it still didnt perform as well as the unifilter

perhaps different engines like different things lol

then again it was louder with more top end - i liked the more quiet sports car sound and the nice gain in throttle response and torque that the original setup offered

also is your comptech icebox the newer version or the older version - could have something to do with the differences we are experiencing =p
    I got the version without the "COMPTECH" writing on it.

I basically taped the KN filter to the upper side of the icebox.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    ah yeah - mine is the version without the writing on it
    i tried 3m taping it to the inside lid but it still had too much of a gap

horses for courses i guess =)