Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro

[CL9] Clutch master cylinder replacement cost

Does anyone know the cost to supply and fit a new clutch master cylinder?
    Mine's apparently rooted with no pressure at the pedal.
    Just want to know what I'm up for.
    Cheers.

Member Array
    Car:
    Public Transport / Foot
    check fluid. & bleed the clutch first maybe? cuz if theres air in the system theres will be no pressure at the pedal.

check any leaks too ...

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by felixd View Post
    check fluid. & bleed the clutch first maybe? cuz if theres air in the system theres will be no pressure at the pedal.

check any leaks too ...
    Thanks but it happened because I was bleeding the clutch fluid. I think its some dirt particle blocking a passage. Anyway its been creaking for awhile now so I want to get it replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by racerwannabe View Post
    Does anyone know the cost to supply and fit a new clutch master cylinder?
    Mine's apparently rooted with no pressure at the pedal.
    Just want to know what I'm up for.
    Cheers.
    I got quoted $400 from a dealer in Brisbane not long ago. Probably better off buying the parts from the US, might as well get a slave cylinder too.

Just to let you all CL9 owners know:

the old OEM part number for the clutch master cylinder is 46920-s7a-a03 which is the one that keeps failing.

Honda has replaced it with a superceded part number 46920-s7a-a04. Make sure you are getting this when buying from the dealer. it's about AUD$250.

Wont really trust buying those remanufactured ones from US as they are resleeved from the failed clutch master cylinder. It will still work but not for long. Seen enough complains from tsx forums.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Thanks for the replies. I've been getting quotes ranging from $350 to $400. Hope this helps for future reference.

That's like retail plus another cut-throat mark-up % on top of RRP. STEALERSHIP !!

Quote Originally Posted by blommer View Post
    Just to let you all CL9 owners know:

the old OEM part number for the clutch master cylinder is 46920-s7a-a03 which is the one that keeps failing.

Honda has replaced it with a superceded part number 46920-s7a-a04. Make sure you are getting this when buying from the dealer. it's about AUD$250.
    Can you confirm the replacement master has rectified the knotty/creaking clutch pedal?

I also need to replace a centre armrest/tray lever. Found the part number (83419-SDA-A01 if anyone was wondering).. do I just go to a honda dealer and request these items? I haven't found a stockist that ships to Au

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by b0xer View Post
    Can you confirm the replacement master has rectified the knotty/creaking clutch pedal?

I also need to replace a centre armrest/tray lever. Found the part number (83419-SDA-A01 if anyone was wondering).. do I just go to a honda dealer and request these items? I haven't found a stockist that ships to Au
    Well so far so good but i've only had the car back for a week! My clutch pedal feels so good now. I highly recommend you replace yours sooner rather than later. I regret not doing it sooner. And yes I've got the new part 46920-s7a-a04.