Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz 2010

Talking water leak after the big rain. any common areas to look at?

Hi guys. After the big rain on the weekend, I found driver side and passenger side floor very very wet... I bought it second hand so not sure about the history of the car, however, have noticed a bit of leak before but it's very wet. Had to remove my amp under the seats just in case. . Rear floor is fine. Checked if there were any holes on the floor, but no holes. The ffront floor carpet and underlying including the sponge thing is completely wet. Now, where would be the common place to look at? I have plenty of silicon....
    Now, i will be a honda owner once again..

Member Array
    What car is it?
    PM me if you have b series performance parts!

Car: HRV 00

Member Array
    I would attempt to isolate the problem -->

if its just the passenger floor chances are its coming from right above it.

under the glove box put your hand around tehre, any traces of water?

spray the car down with water so u can get the car to leak and work backwards,

check boot and behind the passenger chair

if none tehre then again leads to behind glove box.

the black bit under the wipers may be blocked with dirt/debris/leaves etc causing twater to not drain and go through the air hole.

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz 2010
    Thanks guys. I have checked the glove box area, bit of water there. I will check the black bit behind the wipers tomorrow. I have lifted the carpets up for tonight. To make it dry quickly, will apply some alcohol.
    Now, i will be a honda owner once again..

Member Array
    get some towels of clothes and leave it on the floor,

spray some glen 20 or some disinfectant too - something that kills mold and bacteria growth.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Look at the leaf-guard thing that sits at the bottom of the windshield (the long plastic strip with clips in it that runs the whole width of the windshield).

Remove the clips, pull it off, clean it up and see if there are any leaves stuck in there blocking the water galleys.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    HRV 99 man 2dr

Clean under cowl and side drains

Clean the gutters under windscreen cowl and the drains behind the door hinges.

Yesterday found a huge amount of dirt/leaves/gumnuts was set hard under the passenger side air intake, blocking the drainage port.
    The driver side was not so bad, but the drain had a lot of leaves that slipped in under the warped cowling.

To remove the windscreen cowl easily without warping it or breaking clips,
    take out the T clips under bonnet then pop the clips straight up near the windscreen,
    pulling the cowl end (at the foam) sideways and up. Resist temptation to pry between clips.

Close air intake vent and stuff a towel in vent to stop water.
    Clean out muck by hand and clean with water hose starting with low pressure / volume until water runs clean.
    Hose out the drainage between the panels behind the front door hinges.

The picture shows the high tide mark of the inch thick muck.
    Some silicon around bottom of the air intake slot to keep water out
    and a simple air filter using Al fly wire wrapped around a piece of 300x150x10mm foam,
    because the HRV doesn't have an AC filter.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CleanGutter.JPG 
Views:	122 
Size:	62.9 KB 
ID:	24455  
    Last edited by summerswood; 04-04-2013 at 11:15 PM. Reason: Formatting

Member Array
    Car:
    06 DC5 Lux AUTO
    When I had water filling up the passenger side floor, it was coming from the aircon. The tube going from the aircon pointing out of the car had come loose..

I ended up stripping the carpet, couldnt get rid of the smell. You might have better luck than me tho..
    -----
    Selling my Black EK in VIC cheap! Click here.

Don't hate. Educate.

Member Array
    Car:
    1997 EK1 HATCH
    Did you leave your Sunroof open? haha my mate asked me that one morning that theres heaps of water in the car and asked me what made this happen, and thats the very first thing I asked him and guess what... he did

Check your tailigjhts, HRVs are old and my ek just started getting tiny leaks too... need to replace them taailight gaskets. I found water in the spare tyre well
    https://www.facebook.com/ISOMedia.Photography

WP: 1:10.0
    Winton: 1:40.5
    Marulan: 0:48.7