Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Mx-5

thoughts on a del sol?

Hey guys I currently own a dc4 and I'm just after a few opinions here. I was thinking of selling my dc4 and getting a del sol or a dc2. Since an engine swap is not really an option for me, was wondering if u guys could jus help me out a bit. My previous engine in my dc4 was f***ed so it's been replaced along with a reconditioned gearbox, clutch etc. But now I'm having second thoughts on keeping the car for a longer period. So I was just wondering if anyone here has driven with these cars Iraq owned either one of them. Thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 nugget
    I would describe both as 'sporty' cars. Neither are 'fast' (even for a Honda) but both would be able to put a smile on your face. The VTi-R will feel more rapid but you lose out on the B16 VTEC noise. The B16 however, makes a lot of noise however never feels fast.

I would say the VTi-R would be the faster, better car, however if I was in your shoes I would get the Delsol as it would be a different experience for you (rather than jump from your DC4 to another car that is essentially the same except with 25kw more). In fact, I have done this (from a DC2 to Delsol). Loved both.

Member Array
    Car:
    Winfield
    delsol

pros: got that removable targa rooftop, reinforced chassis, easy to park

cons: leg room not too great id your tall guy, 2 seater, removable roof may leak due age and squeaks, small trunk

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    driven both,prefer delsol

if you can live with 2 seater that is

delsol nicer interior too

also alot more rare,every tom and dick has a dc2

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    Quote Originally Posted by EKVTIR-T View Post
    driven both,prefer delsol

if you can live with 2 seater that is

delsol nicer interior too

also alot more rare,every tom and dick has a dc2
    Think Jane does 2. Get the del sol. And do a B18c7 conversion. Sex on wheels!

Member Array
    Car:
    Mx-5
    haha thanks guys. its just hard to fins one in SA. dc2 are still nice. i know in the end it will still be my choice lol. is there really much difference between a dc4 and dc2? in terms of power wise?

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Something like 18kw. To be honest I don't think a VTiR is a big deal over a DC4. Neither is a Type R. Both are weaker in the engine/chassis, heavier etc.

The DC4 is underrated for what it is.

But my pick is the Del Sol personally. Great car to modify IMO as a starting platform. Strong B-series engine, EG chassis which is easy to find suspension parts for etc. I'd personally take a Del Sol over a DC2 any day. Just I/H/E, lightweight fly, HD clutch, maybe even a higher FD with a taller 5th or even an LSD. Or just a B20 block would bring it to life/some cams if you prefer that.

Member Array
    Car:
    Mx-5
    I do agree. I really think that the dc4 is underrated. Thanks a lot. I think I've made up my mind.

Delsol handles damn well for out of the box, better than a dc2 IMO.
    EG

Member Array
    Car:
    Mx-5
    Ive never been in a del sol its like rare here in SA i swear!!

•CRX• represent Array
    Car:
    CRX+CBR250RR
    come to Melb, Vic
    pick 1 up and drive it on over there.
    All the more reason to get 1 then at least you can be different/unique *street cred

btw here is 1 for sale in SA/

Will consider offers over $5000. Easy to park and super fun to drive; a zippy, well-maintained sportscar! For sale due to lifestyle change. Pioneer CD player installed 2011 with IPOD/USB/Bluetooth capability. New clutch and spark plugs installed 2011. Air conditioner regassed 2011. Original Honda white paint detailed 2011. Installed new tail lights but have kept the originals. Installed new immobiliser and central locking 2011. New bushes, battery, and tyres 2011. New CV joints, front and rear struts, and filter pod 2011. Engine clean and sway bar installed 2011. Windows tinted 2011. New brake pads and power steering rack with low pressure line replaced 2012. Clean interior, electric windows and mirrors fully operational. Big boot space for such a small car! All keys with car to lock interior compartments.

Zero-Four-Two-two-Seven-Six-Seven-Seven-two-seven
    Last edited by Snoop_gee; 11-02-2013 at 01:35 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    just to play devils advocate, i would go with the dc2 because;
    1. its a more versatile car lifestyle wise, you can acctuly fit some small even medium items in it.
    2.the dc2 chassis has been proven time n time again for awsome handling when worked, so has the del sol but not to the same degree.
    3. although theres only 200cc between em the b18c feels alot more powerful IMO just cause of the added torque and better point to point acceleration plus its my opinion that the b18 takes to alot of mods better, generraly of cause.

honestly take ur time n think about it, it depend what u wanna do with it, i know i wouldnt wanna do a familys grocery shop in a del sol. imo given the options id go an EG best of both worlds IF you B swap it
    Mate my bbk cost more than your Honda.
    -Amant02