Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    Quote Originally Posted by dougie_504 View Post
    Something like 18kw. To be honest I don't think a VTiR is a big deal over a DC4. Neither is a Type R. Both are weaker in the engine/chassis, heavier etc.

The DC4 is underrated for what it is.

But my pick is the Del Sol personally. Great car to modify IMO as a starting platform. Strong B-series engine, EG chassis which is easy to find suspension parts for etc. I'd personally take a Del Sol over a DC2 any day. Just I/H/E, lightweight fly, HD clutch, maybe even a higher FD with a taller 5th or even an LSD. Or just a B20 block would bring it to life/some cams if you prefer that.
    Some ones been smoking crack. The type Rs lighter then the Gsi. The suspension is shit in a Gsi compared to both the R and VTIR. And the motor lacks.

Both the b18c2 and c7 can take a punishment. Ive seen many b18b1 with head problems

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Quote Originally Posted by JDM DC2R View Post
    Some ones been smoking crack. The type Rs lighter then the Gsi. The suspension is shit in a Gsi compared to both the R and VTIR. And the motor lacks.

Both the b18c2 and c7 can take a punishment. Ive seen many b18b1 with head problems
    Why do you suggest I've been smoking crack?

Of course the Type R is lighter than a GSI - never said otherwise!

What's so shit about the GSI suspension compared to the VTiR suspension? And I made no comparison to the Type R suspension, did I?

I also never said the B18B was close to a C7. I said a VTiR isn't that much of a big deal over a GSI. Both have average gear ratios, longish FD, and the VTiR has about 18kw more KW's wow.

So the question is, what have YOU been smoking?

Member Array
    Car:
    Flying Carpet
    too many tegs around. go for del hole lol
    SingleCammerJammer

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    I concur with dougie504

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Furthermore ANY engine can take some punishment. So what, you've seen a sick B18B or two? As if there's no such thing as a mistreated C2 or C7 out there?

I've driven a healthy GSI with I/H/E, went plenty hard for what it is, and it's underrated by fanboy poofs. Have driven a healthy VtiR too. Nice, but no major difference worth writing home about unless you're a pussy assed vtec fanboy.

Member Array
    Car:
    Flying Carpet
    Furthermore ANY engine can take some punishment. So what, you've seen a sick B18B or two? As if there's no such thing as a mistreated C2 or C7 out there?

I've driven a healthy GSI with I/H/E, went plenty hard for what it is, and it's underrated by fanboy poofs. Have driven a healthy VtiR too. Nice, but no major difference worth writing home about unless you're a pussy assed vtec fanboy.
    +1 .!!!!
    SingleCammerJammer

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    Why do you suggest I've been smoking crack?

Of course the Type R is lighter than a GSI - never said otherwise!

What's so shit about the GSI suspension compared to the VTiR suspension? And I made no comparison to the Type R suspension, did I?

I also never said the B18B was close to a C7. I said a VTiR isn't that much of a big deal over a GSI. Both have average gear ratios, longish FD, and the VTiR has about 18kw more KW's wow.

So the question is, what have YOU been smoking?
    What you said "I don't think a VTiR is a big deal over a DC4. Neither is a Type R. Both are weaker in the engine/chassis, heavier etc."

My understanding of that comment
    So the vtir or type R isnt a big deal over the gsi
    Both are weaker in the engine/chassis, heavier etc. In refernce to the last to cars you stated which are the VTIR and type R.

The gsi sus is alot softer and engine is also alot less responsive compared to a VTIR.
    I/H/E and tune gets you around 20kws. So poeple spend in the thousands to achieve that much more power. So yer its WOW!
    Last edited by JDM DC2R; 15-02-2013 at 08:27 AM.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    YOU must be the one smoking crack to believe I am suggesting the DC4/DC2 are superior to the DC2R in weight, rigidity and power LOL.

I was never stating that the DC4 and DC2 are superior to the DC2R. Quite the opposite.

Read the sentence. Both are weaker in the chassis/heavier/engine. Make sense? I said 'Neither is a Type R' IE neither the DC4/DC2 is as good as a Type R in those respects.

C'mon man use your head lol

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    YOU must be the one smoking crack to believe I am suggesting the DC4/DC2 are superior to the DC2R in weight, rigidity and power LOL.

I was never stating that the DC4 and DC2 are superior to the DC2R. Quite the opposite.

Read the sentence. Both are weaker in the chassis/heavier/engine. Make sense? I said 'Neither is a Type R' IE neither the DC4/DC2 is as good as a Type R in those respects.

C'mon man use your head lol
    Use my head. Whats this mean then "I don't think a VTiR is a big deal over a DC4. Neither is a Type R."

????? Your words not mine!

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    You only understood the first half. Nothing mind blowing about a VTiR over a DC4 if they're both similarly modded.

Neither car, VTiR or GSI is a Type R (IE neither of them compares/measures up).

The VTiR is nothing special. It's a wee bit faster than a GSI. Still heavier than a type r. Slower. Longer FD and gear ratios. Weaker chassis. And it doesn't handle that much better than a GSI, not like how much better a type r is than both of them.

Like this:
    GSI > VTiR > > > > >Type R
    Last edited by dougie_504; 15-02-2013 at 01:10 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    You only understood the first half. Nothing mind blowing about a VTiR over a DC4 if they're both similarly modded.

Neither car, VTiR or GSI is a Type R (IE neither of them compares/measures up).

The VTiR is nothing special. It's a wee bit faster than a GSI. Still heavier than a type r. Slower. Longer FD and gear ratios. Weaker chassis. And it doesn't handle that much better than a GSI, not like how much better a type r is than both of them.

Like this:
    GSI>VTiR>>>>>Type R
    I agree with that. But thats not the way i under stood the 1st comment.

Also performance aside. The VTIR is a funner ride. Higher reving, vtec cross over. More noise

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Yeah I can see how you might have misunderstood that in hindsight, but I'm still amazed that you were actually convinced I was claiming that the DC4 and DC2 are more powerful, more rigid and more lightweight than the DC2R. I guess I thought that last sentence would have made you realise the alternative meaning to 'Neither is a Type R' IE 'Neither of them is a Type R at the end of the day'.