Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    98 ek b18cr

B18c, b18c type r or kswap?

Currently have a 1998 civic ek
    Tempted to put a b18cr into it just for the fact that they are type r. However I have read that the k's have potential for a much higher hp.
    I'm looking for an engine that I can push to at least 3-400 N/A
    Would prefer the b18. Is it possible for it to have that much power??

Regards

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5 VTi
    GL getting 3-400 hp/kw N/A because your better of boosting your d engine then spending thousands of $$$.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    so i want to get 1000hp out of this otoman...honestly civics never have been about big power dyno monsters, they are about good power to wieght and and awsome handling, its not a clubsport champ, there are exceptions obviously but...
    Last edited by Daveho1; 31-01-2013 at 05:18 PM.
    Mate my bbk cost more than your Honda.
    -Amant02

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    Whats your budget?
    part time potato

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    As mentioned above, what is your budget and do you plan on getting the car engineered?

Honestly 130kw at the wheels is a handful to deal with on the street if your not careful, yet alone 200kw.

Best way to go about it dollar-hp wise is forced induction, but if you love n/a, cant beat a b20/vtec or k20/k24 frank
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    It's all about budget dude. A K series will be significantly more expensive
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    98 ek b18cr
    Budget is not an issue. Just the more it costs means more saving. In all honesty I want to take the b18cr. Bore and stroke it with sleeves. Upgrade the internal pistons, cam shafts.
    And no. Can't boost the d16y4. Unfortunately the internals are too weak to handle anything more than 7 or 8 psi. But unfeotunately not many turbos can handle such low psi.
    So an engine swap is a must for decent hp. Combined with the fact that I'm gonna need to rebuild my trans due to bad bearings. Cheaper to do a swap of the tranny, as well as the fact I can put a nice LSD in May as well do the engine while at it.
    So you reckon to just do a k swap and build that? Is there anychance of 300 out of a b18? They're standard 194 :/
    This will definitely be a long build.
    I want the best block that can stand and produce some nice horse power. I'm not worried about what the civic is designed for. Thats another thread.
    I want to talk engines
    Last edited by Dyln.bxtr; 31-01-2013 at 08:14 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    98 ek b18cr
    Oh and yes. Engineers will be involved. However I want to do all the research rather than just putting it all in their hands

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S15
    No amount of money is going to get you 300-400kw out of a B or K series N/A
    Choke dealer

Member Array
    Car:
    k20 dc2
    B18c with work done + tune will get around the same power as a kswap with bolt ons and tune
    if you add up the price of buying a b18c and rebuilding the engine, Parts for the engine, Run in tunes, and considering it wont be as reliable as a stock k series and is a 13+ year old engine/ design. I personally think it would be around the same money as a kswap.
    OR
    kseries either do the swap yourself which would cost around 8-15k depending what mods you want to do for a basic setup. Or paying someone 15k for a basic setup(but less headaches.) Basic set up should set you anywhere from 135 to 145kwatw, but also more reliable and can be driven daily. Plus if you want to further build the car you could easily get it to 150kw with a few better mods. A basic kswap that i would consider would be a stock k24, 2.5 in exhaust+ headers, tune, PRC intake, aftermarket intake and 6 spd euro gearbox. That should be seeing a 135kwatw mark and should only cost 4k for the motor setup Plus the extras to put it in the car another 4k for misc parts you should be sitting at 8-9k for the swap given you do it yourself. People overthink kswaps. They really can be cheap. If your looking to get 300kw you would have to go boost. Atleast need 30k.

Member Array
    Car:
    98 ek b18cr
    Thanks for the help dude.
    Just read about some fellas down in Sydney pushing out 400hp with boost in a k24. Would you be able to get 300hp (200kw) n/a if the same set up? I actually think they are on here somewhere.
    This is the list I have got so far.

Engine - b18cr/k20a
    Short rammed cold air intake
    Head studs
    Pistons.
    Rockers.
    Cam.
    Sleeved.
    stand alone fuel management.
    Engine mounts.
    Intake manifold.
    Exhaust manifold.