Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by newpaddy3 View Post
    400hp NA B18C mate.

Needs a rebuild every time you take it for a drive.
    This.

You will absolutely not have even the slightest hope of achieving this on a B series N/A.

Even K series N/A will not be easy to rake in 300HP.
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Squared
    K series NA can rake in 300hp easily, people are already sitting on the 400hp fence in the states. B series 300hp has been done before also, BUT.....................

MASSIVE BUT, it's not an easy task and needs the right combination of parts, I don't think there is any aftermarket shit out there that will always yield x amount of power, there is always custom headwork involved that is dependant on who does it. One person in this country was doing his own CNC heads and managed to get the right amount of power out of them. Even then he was still improving/working on it to keep chasing that goal, which is the same for everyone.

K series there is combinations off the shelf that will get you 300hp. 215kw has been done in this country before from an all motor k series, many years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Chr1s View Post
    K series there is combinations off the shelf that will get you 300hp. 215kw has been done in this country before from an all motor k series, many years ago.
    BYP has 206kw at the wheels K series NA
    EG

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Squared
    So? Like I said, it's not hard. I think they even did that using OEM components or something similar..?

Member Array
    Car:
    CivInteJazPreAc
    Has OP actually driven or been in a 250hp Honda? They are awesome. I think you're just looking for numbers as opposed to a great driving experience. You're aiming for something you've never experienced. If you aren't building this car for the strip I recommend not going for 300-400kw. Start with a B or K swap and if you feel that's not enough, keep modifying. You will need boost eventually if you do. Don't start with such a high standard, because you miss out on the fun of building the car step by step.

If you just want power I would honestly recommend a Supra, GTR, or almost anything boosted from factory. When boosting an NA engine you generally sacrifice some reliability unless the builder is very experienced with that particular engine/car. You will also go through a shitload of money for a product that isn't that much better. Sorry to be a bit negative but that is the truth.

Account Disabled Array
    200kw on a K-series is a walk in the park these days especially with the aftermarket support and development of parts

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Haven't read the whole thread.

Have you been in/driven a booster D16?
    Been in/driven a B18C Civic?
    Been in/driven a K-series Civic?

Member Array
    Car:
    98 ek b18cr
    That's what I was planning to do. Slowly increase power step by step. Learn to handle and treat it with each step of power up.
    As for whether I have been in a high power honda. Not a honda. But a very nice large 545 big block chevved ford coupe. Once you've been in something that goes 0-100 in as little time as it does. You get hooked. Bad.
    However. As for the ecu swap and harness cut.
    Would a stand alone fuel management work??

Member Array
    Car:
    CivInteJazPreAc
    Yeah standalone fuel management is good and will work fine but with Honda's we generally go with Hondata which is a chipped factory ECU.

Member Array
    Car:
    sf5, eg9
    k24 franks are runnings 10's n/a in the states . dont listen to anyone if you have the dollars go k swap any day

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyln.bxtr View Post
    oh..... should have realised
    Okay back on topic.
    kseries frankenstein people or simple k24??
    frank any day
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Did cihanvtec really get ban for saying "buy a nissan"?

That's kinda bs