Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Grayfox View Post
    The car comes from swindon UK, they have same rules as we do here re guarding HIDs.

Must have auto levelers and washers.
    So if it came into the country like that and got complied like that that means it followed all australian road laws.

If it was an after market job it is another matter.
    I agree with you completely Grayfox. I had a look at the ADRs they quoted (ADR13, 46 and 47) but I can't make sense of it and not patient enough to go over it at the moment. Can anyone decipher the legal wording?

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 nugget
    It may be built in the UK, however the cars destined for the Japanese market were different to those for the UK market. Japan does not require the auto levelers or washers.
    Last edited by androo; 06-02-2013 at 08:46 PM. Reason: Spelling vomit

If it came with factory installed HID AND IT was directly shipped here(like the FN2) it would have had to comply with our ADR(unless it was a gray import from japan)

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    If it came with factory installed HID AND IT was directly shipped here(like the FN2) it would have had to comply with our ADR(unless it was a gray import from japan)
    Its an ep3 which is jdm import,not locally available hence his issues

UPDATE 08/02/13

Halogens passed the pits at the MVR and aircon parts are being arranged by the dealership. Top quality service. Never been treated so well in my life.

CEVA on the other hand...useless. I was told last week that they were going to pick up a new window from a place in Sydney and delivered today. Called them this morning to see if it was arriving and they said they'd call me back. Nothing after 4 hours. I call them back and I get told it hasn't been picked up from Sydney yet! Their excuses/reasons? - The spare parts shop doesn't take AMEX so they had to arrange cash payment, TNT (parent company to CEVA) hasn't been back to the shop to pick up the window because "we're so far away (Darwin) from everything so they don't bother hurrying up the shipping jobs to us".
    The window is being picked up today and should be here by next Wednesday latest...I won't hold my breath.

This is beyond a joke. I can't/won't take the risk of driving my new EP3 to the shops or to work because I don't have a rear window. This lazy service is interfering with my life!!!! I'm sure the manager of the Darwin CEVA branch wouldn't be happy with the level of service he's given me if it was him in my shoes...

Has anyone had any issues like this?? Any advice on making a complaint and getting some sort of compensation!??! I feel I should get at least a partial refund for this "service"! Am I being unreasonable???

Sorry for the complaining...Just so frustrating.

Get compo.

I'd be steaming.

Sorry to hear about your EP3.

Here's what I can contribute.
    I haven't dealt with CEVA but I did sell my S14 and the buyer was also in Darwin. First impression of CEVA Melbourne Staff when I dropped the car off, Typical Hot Blond Secretary ignoring everyone while she talks to her girl friends, Waited 30min until someone noticed I was in the waiting room; I could of robbed the place and no one would of noticed!!
    Anyway the owner received the S14 2 weeks late, the same drama as yours. But as for the window they should do their best to replace it asap to keep you as a customer for the future, rule #1 in business.

Also the air-con, on EGs' especially in the US it is bad connectors that get rusted/come lose.

Hope this nightmare turns into a dream come true.
    Last edited by MassiEk4; 09-02-2013 at 12:57 AM.

Get compo.

I'd be steaming.
    I'm going to try. Have been talking to a lawyer friend of mine. Fingers crossed!

Quote Originally Posted by MassiEk4 View Post
    Sorry to hear about your EP3.

Here's what I can contribute.
    I haven't dealt with CEVA but I did sell my S14 and the buyer was also in Darwin. First impression of CEVA Melbourne Staff when I dropped the car off, Typical Hot Blond Secretary ignoring everyone while she talks to her girl friends, Waited 30min until someone noticed I was in the waiting room; I could of robbed the place and no one would of noticed!!
    Anyway the owner received the S14 2 weeks late, the same drama as yours. But as for the window they should do their best to replace it asap to keep you as a customer for the future, rule #1 in business.

Also the air-con, on EGs' especially in the US it is bad connectors that get rusted/come lose.

Hope this nightmare turns into a dream come true.
    I expected it to take a bit longer to arrive in Darwin but 4 weeks is a bit of a stretch. Being given 2 different reasons as to why is also annoying since they don't know what is going on and just choose to make stuff up (lie).

Parts for the aircon have been located by IMG and will make their way up to me on Monday. I have faith this will happen on time - Gavin's customer service is above and beyond!