Thread: B18c build dyno

Member Array
    Car:
    Had a DC2 VTIR

B18c build dyno

hey guys. This is a dyno graph for a Honda I'm looking at buying. It has a b18c2 with b16b pistons, s300, toda spec c's, full exhaust. Some head work as well.
    Its an initial tune. Any good?
    DC2 VTI-R (INJEN-LIKE CAI, Unknown Extractors, 2 inch exhaust)

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Looks great!

Member Array
    Car:
    EF8
    135 atw is pretty good and in a eg would be quick.

Member Array
    Car:
    Had a DC2 VTIR
    Haha yeah I was curious about the dip before 7k. 6-7k
    Right now the VTEC hits about 7 k and redlines at 8500rpm until the refreshed head and seals are run in.
    Does that sound right
    DC2 VTI-R (INJEN-LIKE CAI, Unknown Extractors, 2 inch exhaust)

looks like it will be a blast!

and damn...will be mega quick!
    EG

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Squared
    I'm not going to criticize anyone's tuning here, but it's on paper and I can't help but comment, the VTEC x-over seems to be off if there is a dip that large, you could say something like a poor combination of parts are causing a bad harmonic but I can't see anything out of the ordinary there - those B16 pistons might have bumped the comp up a little too high for the street but it's been done before.

Try a retune with an earlier X-overpoint is all I can suggest, fuel looks great - no idea what the ignition table looks like and no idea if there is any detonation issues at ~7krpm.

Quote Originally Posted by Chr1s View Post
    I'm not going to criticize anyone's tuning here, but it's on paper and I can't help but comment, the VTEC x-over seems to be off if there is a dip that large, you could say something like a poor combination of parts are causing a bad harmonic but I can't see anything out of the ordinary there - those B16 pistons might have bumped the comp up a little too high for the street but it's been done before.

Try a retune with an earlier X-overpoint is all I can suggest, fuel looks great - no idea what the ignition table looks like and no idea if there is any detonation issues at ~7krpm.
    ^ this man knows his stuff.
    Those are great numbers, just need to bump up the fuel on the map 400-500rpm before x-over point if Vtec point is set correctly for that motor.
    See if you can retune with E85, those B16B pistons would really come in useful.
    Other wise that is an awesome motor regardless.
    Last edited by MassiEk4; 11-02-2013 at 09:24 PM.

ITs looks good!