Power Window Doesn't Work

Hi guys,

I have just bought a 1993 Civic EG hatch with a D15B4 engine. The problem is my power windows on the drivers side doesn't work. The windows on the passenger side are working fine but I can't control the passenger side or the driver side window with the driver side console.

Does anyone have any ideas on what could be wrong?

Thanks guys.

Member Array
    Car:
    Winfield
    check fuses

Sorry... I forgot to mention I have already checked all the fuses and looked inside the door to see if there are any obvious issues with the wiring (such as broken wires). I am assuming it might be the motor but want to try other options before I spend money. Also window lock on and off both work.

Thanks
    Last edited by deetee; 03-02-2013 at 02:49 PM.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Well if you've checked basic wiring and fuses then it's likely the motor as you suspect IMO. Otherwise you can pour money into an auto-elec

Maybe try buy/ borrowing a driver side switch to test if motor is working, since you can open passenger side with passenger switch but cant with driver side switch?

Awesome thanks! I will try that asap and let you guys know if that works.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG Si Hatchi
    Test the switches to make sure the contacts in them are in working order, do you know how to use a multimeter?
    Here is the testing sequence:
    [h=Massive EG6/DC2 Part Out (majority brand new)
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...y-brand-new%29]2[/h]

I just tested the switch with a multimeter and it seems to be working fine. I also swapped in 2 other working switches and both of them didn't work either.
    I have also noticed when I test the voltage from the battery with the multimeter, it reads 16V!?

Could this be an issue? or the window regulator, relay?
    Last edited by deetee; 06-02-2013 at 01:14 AM. Reason: Additional information.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG Si Hatchi
    are you sure your testing on DC, and not AC? it could also be the regulator in the alternator is out.

you can always test for continuity between the switches (driver/passenger side) to make sure there are no "open" cables, or even shorts to ground.
    here is a wiring diagram...
    [h=Massive EG6/DC2 Part Out (majority brand new)
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...y-brand-new%29]2[/h]

Awesome! thanks riruiz! It was defintely in AC mode. I'll run the test once I finish work and I'll update the post. Cheers!