Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Spark Plugs?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Cl7 accord euro

Spark Plugs?

Hey guys, Called to have my car booked in for the 100k and they have advised me that the spark plugs will cost me $180... This sounds extremely expensive to me!

What spark plugs should I be using, I will price my own and go back to them and so no go!

NGK (6994) IZFR6K-11 Iridium Spark Plug are the ones I got.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o00_s00_i02

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    As stated above go on amazon or ebay and get NGK ones i did that with mine, cost me like 60-80 bucks delivered.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Cl7 accord euro
    Yea I have just done that and was able to get them for $46... How on earth can they justify the cost beats me!

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    It depends on the dealer. With Toyota, they quoted $25 each for my V6 Camry, but when I purchased it, they charged me $70 for the half dozen. They said they only charged that much if people purchased individually.... although I guess if the guy at the counter was dodge, he could have charged me $150 for it (wouldn't have bought it though).

On a side note; are there any better sparks available? Are these iridium coated or iridium core? And any leads to go with these to increase performance? Hotter spark = better efficiency after all.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S15
    Find the right spark plug spec and jump on ebay.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMaster View Post
    On a side note; are there any better sparks available? Are these iridium coated or iridium core? And any leads to go with these to increase performance? Hotter spark = better efficiency after all.
    not really unless you wanna go for something like plasma ignition.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    It's just something I'm thinking of. I mean when you change the sparks, they last 100 000km, and aren't particularly expensive. Even a 1% efficiency increase would be worth it. Also noticing APEXi make Racing sparks... wonder what that means. Perhaps should look at coil packs and leads as well. Anyone know what good company makes sparks, coil packs and leads for the CL9? Can only seem to find sparks.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMaster View Post
    It's just something I'm thinking of. I mean when you change the sparks, they last 100 000km, and aren't particularly expensive. Even a 1% efficiency increase would be worth it. Also noticing APEXi make Racing sparks... wonder what that means. Perhaps should look at coil packs and leads as well. Anyone know what good company makes sparks, coil packs and leads for the CL9? Can only seem to find sparks.
    Lookup pulstar plugs maybe?

Some people say its snake oil tho.

Else a set of copper tipped plugs usually conduct the spark better, but the last 1/2 as long.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S15
    Mna just go NGK. Dont waste your money. Th amin things are they are the right ones, heat grade, spark gap etc.

Member Array
    Car:
    your mum
    even supercheap auto would only charge you ~$85 for 4 number of IX plugs.

DIY it
    connorling, your profile and evidenced by your post tells me alot about what type of feral you are..... all class 'hay'!!!! ps. not your m8....

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Why not use copper plugs and replace them more frequently?
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC