Member Array
    Car:
    datsun 200b

koni/GC sleeve setup help! wrong springs back to front?

hey there guys,

bought a set of koni coilover sleeves and also koni yellows

currently. the front could go lower, but the rears can't!

i'm still trying to ponder why the front can and rears can't, so the sleeves must of been installed wrong in some sort of way?

here is a picture, if anyone could please have a look and tell me if i've installed the sleeves correctly? (1 pair has springs with the top section of the spring closely stuck together, and the other pair has equal spacing from top to bottom)

kenny gee
    VTEC+Turbo=dirty underpants

•CRX• represent Array
    Car:
    CRX+CBR250RR
    Kenny G.

No wonder the rears dont go down look carefully at the rear shock body themselves there should clearly be more thread then that.

knowing ur last ride (BLACK PEARL) .. its time to go REAL LOW! hahah

Member Array
    Car:
    EG B20
    What springs are they? I know Type-R springs are progressive on the rear and linear on the front. Having coils of various spacing suggests those ones are progressive rate, and if Type-R go on the back. However in your case you'll have to check with spring manufacturer which is which, because all combinations are possible by design, but only 1 is right for a given product.

Member Array
    Car:
    datsun 200b
    Thanks for the input guys

It's really weird, ever since I changed wheels, I've been getting this annoying thump in the front end now, the humps that are deep whilst driving 60kph really scare me. I've got 2 bumps now on my shock towers!

I've never had this problem ever before previously, even with my tein mono flexes , it was sitting way lower then it is now and didnt cause me any grief

If anyone has any previous experiences please let me know

The coilover sleeves are made by koni, from my knowledge and research they come up as koni sport cup

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Ur upper control arms are hittin ur shock towers, hav u got aftermarket control?
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    datsun 200b
    aftermarket lower control arms?

nope, everything is standard EK9, only thing that isnt OEM is the shocks and sleeve setup by koni.

i'm going to take it apart tomorow and see how they stack up side by side, i've got a feeling that the fronts are rears and rears are fronts (sleeve setup)

rears wont go any lower (i'd like the rears lower then front) and the rears have another 1-2 inches left to go which is absurd