Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

honda aus says 400mls per 1000 k acceptable?

gday fellow honda owners, any advice on the best way to proceed with my wifes 2012 euro and its insatiable thirst for oil would be greatly appreciated. its been using oil since new(up to 2 litres in 8000 ks) the dealer did a consumption test (checked at 5000km intervals-using around 800ml per 5000km) and concluded that the motor was still running in and the problem would ease as it loosened up(from memory this was at the 20,000km mark). at 30,000km oil use wasnt getting better, so the dealer referred it to honda australia and the dealer started doing the consumption checks at 1000km intervals. usage ranged between 100ml at the lowest up to 400ml at the highest per 1000km. honda aus has notified us today that this is acceptable oil usage. w t f??? the car was run in properly,the missus doesnt have a lead foot, its had all its servicing on time. the odometer reads 36,000km now (i have an old mitsubishi work van with ten times the ks that uses way less oil). so.... dept fair trade maybe?

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    You need to keep emailing/contacting Honda Aus
    Keep all receipt's, invoices etc. And keep at them
    I'm sorry but a break in peroid for an engine shouldn't be more than a 1000lms (piston oil seals should seal)
    How did you break in your engine?
    There have been a few reports of a few k24 engine using oil (design fault)
    But your car has over 30,000km's and shouldn't consume oil at all!!!
    If they keep stuffing you around take it to fair trading
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    1st of all, welcome.

2nd, try posting in the dedicated accord euro forum, the accord forums dead almost.
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/forumdi...86-Accord-Euro

3rd, take the warranty claim further, demand a new engine if the cant fix it.

It happen every now and then you get a lemon engine out of the factory.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

WOW that's high oil consumption! You know that this engine only takes 4litres of oil right?

I'll push for a new engine before the warranty runs out else its YOUR problem.

I've done nearly 20k km and not a drop of oil, and I do use all the rev range.

BTW how are you checking the oil, ie first thing in the morning when the engine hasn't been started, on level ground?
    Last edited by BigBen; 03-01-2013 at 08:45 PM.

Ozhonda Trader Array
    The other thing is that the oil goes somewhere, i.e gums up your exhaust ports, combustion chambers and catalytic converter for starters, let alone the piston crowns and rings. This will lead to fuel inefficiency and lack of power. Push harder and you will get a replacement engine, or at least you should. There's no way 400ml in 1000km is normal.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Wow sorry to hear dude....

Whats going on with these cu2's :$

Fight hard for a new engine.... This isnt rigt... Nor is it honda...
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    If under warranty can't you just hammer the crap out if it til the engine shits itself? Then new engine under warranty if you have full service history.

Next engine, break it in hard and fast.

My 2012 Honda Accord Euro used 3/4 of a litre in 5000km consumption test

My 2012 Honda Accord Euro used 3/4 of a litre in 5000km consumption test, averaged 200mls per 1000km. Honda Euro has been using oil since the oil light come on at 5600km. Had less than 2lts left in it.Took it back to local Honda dealer and after doing an early service and a consumption test 1000km over a 5000km period they told me that Honda wouldn't do anything about it because it was ONLY 3/4 of a litre. You can imagine how upset I was. Firstly the car was 2 months old when it was first noticed, Its now done 25,000km and I'm expected to check the oil every couple of km as if it was a 1978 Holden Kingswood ( sorry Holden lovers). I would like to find out how many other 2012 Honda Euro accords are out there with this issue. My Husband got a call from a man in WA and he new 2 others . I have written a letter to Honda Australia but doubt that will get me anywhere with out others to back up that they need to fix these cars.
    Its not right HONDA

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    And Honda is wondering why their buisness is going down the drain.....
    Try writing to fair trading, or even email Honda Aus threatening that you'll bring this to media attention, and if they ignore you, you could always try (ACA and Today Tonight always seem hungry for just about anything). You could also try Honda HQ Japan, although I've no idea how you would get to them. Just food for thought.

Thanks

Thanks for your attention - will be doing my best to get this fixed, fair trading is my next stop.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Honda australia is getting close to VW on poor customer service lol.....
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra Type S
    Try a different Honda dealer?