Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9

Fuel Cleaner additives

Hey guys, wondering what everyone's opinions and experiences on fuel cleaning additives are. I mean I use Nulon boost and clean, as at least I can feel the added octane boost, and at $15, it's not that bad. But I see people using the cheap $8 red injector cleaners as well as the $30+ "full fuel system cleaners" and makes me think, is there really any difference between them?

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMaster View Post
    Hey guys, wondering what everyone's opinions and experiences on fuel cleaning additives are. I mean I use Nulon boost and clean, as at least I can feel the added octane boost, and at $15, it's not that bad. But I see people using the cheap $8 red injector cleaners as well as the $30+ "full fuel system cleaners" and makes me think, is there really any difference between them?

Probably different hydrocarbons composition.

But I just run a few tanks of BP ultimate, you really don't need it.

Upper engine cleaner on the other hand.....
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Accord Euro Luxury 6MT
    I wouldn't bother with them.

Run a tank of 98 every now and again, if you're not already doing so.

If there's a noticeable problem with the way the engine runs and there's a reason to suspect the injectors, then you'd get more benefit from having the injectors cleaned properly in an ultrasound bath.

- HZ

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    I'm always going between 95 and 98 anyways (not fussy, I just fill up on w/e is in the isle I happen to drive in). Cars only done 50 000km, so I thought perhaps a quick clean would do it some good. The only time I have actually added an fuel additive was an octane booster for when I was going to the track. I just thought they might actually do something considering they make them and market them quite a bit.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    every now and then i run a batch or liqui moly fuel system cleaner (gold can) through my car
    get a really good fuel economy for about 4 tanks of fuel - no real noticeable performance differences - maybe slightly smoother

the nulon octane boost and clean or straight octane booster will help throttle response and revs are generally smoother - but it doesnt effect the fuel economy

i have used the cheaper ones like the red and blue bottles - but noticed no difference at all

always use 98 in the euro =)

upper engine cleaner by subaru is a great product - spray can that you spray into throttle body / intake manifold
    gives the throttle plate, plenum, ports, valves and combustion chamber a good clean out =)
    Last edited by TheSaint; 07-02-2013 at 07:40 PM.
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680

has anyone used nulon piston crown cleaner ? the foamy stuff you spray into the spark plug tube ?

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    Quote Originally Posted by selk View Post
    has anyone used nulon piston crown cleaner ? the foamy stuff you spray into the spark plug tube ?
    Yes. It's good stuff. You can spray it in the intake manifold as well, but got to hold the throttle plate open.
    Honda Accord Euro CU2 / Lexus IS-F