Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1988 Honda CRX

Need help identifying a problem?

Hey all,

I just took my 1988 CRX for a drive, and after about 30 minutes I noticed a light come on on the dash. I cant tell what the picture is, its the most top left light in the group and it was lit up amber in colour. Looks kinda like a gearbox or engine maybe? I really cant tell. Ill go find a manual on the internet and check it out and report back here.

I turned the car off, looked under the hood but there was nothing obvious. So i started it again and the light was gone.

If you know what I'm talking about could you tell me what kind of problems it could be? Thanks.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1988 Honda CRX
    Come on, someone has to know at least what that light is. I checked the manuals but theres no pics to tell me what the lights are.

sounds like a ECU / engine check light.

This would happen due to sensor somewhere diagnosing a problem with your car possibly.

Get your car checked out by a professional jsut incase soemthing is wrong

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1988 Honda CRX
    Ok thanks. Just one thing, why would the light not reappear after I turned it off and started it again?

Member Array
    Car:
    EG6ish
    maybe some gunk got on a sensor, and got off it?
    isnt there a ECU test in the DIY section?
    try there