Member Array
    Car:
    FD Civic Modulo

Euro center headrest

Hi Everyone,

Just asking this on behalf of a family member. Basically my uncle just bought a second hand 2009 Honda Accord Euro CU2 (Luxury?). It's got the leather interior, sunroof but no sat nav.
    However, during the inspection, I think he's overlooked the interior and there's no center head rest in the rear... but there are holes for a headrest from what I've been told. I rang the local dealer to find one of these center leather head rests and could you believe they asked me $575 for a headrest?! WHAT IN THE WORLD. Ridiculous pricing for such a cheap to manufacture part... probably around $30 at the most to manufacture a headrest at the most. Anyway, I did ring the local wreckers and I think I found one wrecker with a CU2 with a black leather interior that was being wrecked... but they wanted to sell the WHOLE back seat for $300.
    There is however, plenty of CU2's with the normal velour interior being wrecked... just a thought... but could we buy a "normal" headrest and then get someone to leather cover it? Does such a service exist? That'll probably be cheaper than $575!

Thanks.

Member Array
    Car:
    vtack+non-vtak
    Yes they do exist but it still wont be a 100% Match. that being said u really gotta have a keen eye to spot the difference. Others will not notice it!

You will need to find a place that does retrimming or car upholstery and go through their swatches to see which one is almost identical to your current leather so take off ur headrest with the leather to compare. then hand them in the suede headrest. It will cost about $100-$200 depending on the trimmer as the back headreasts are a pain to do. normally to retrim/replace material - that whole piece of material is taken off and undone to get exact measurements.

However with back headrests honda make the fabric first and then inject the foam to so it fills up like a balloon and expands untill it is at the right size which is evident with the slit on the underside.

rather than cutting out the foam shape and wrapping fabric over it. So the retrimmer will have to basically 'wrap over the existing fabric' and match the stichings as close as possible so bit more human error can occur and will contribute a bit more to the possible mismatch.

Thats what you can do and what you can expect.

Hope that helps!

Member Array
    Car:
    '07 CL9 lux
    wait to find are wreaked one online and scope out the headrest... STUPID dealerships...
    For Sale:
    95' Civic Sedan VTI 165,000ks
    5zigen GN+ (17 x 7.5 +43 4 x 100) with tyres
    07' CL9 Foglight covers Arctic Blue pm me!