Question [CL9] Buying second hand - Lux with 100-150km mileage, issues?

Hi All,

This is my first post here so be gentle

I'm in the second hand market for a Lux and for my price bracket, most of them are toward the 150,000km end. I am not interested in looking at vehicles that don't at least have a full service history.

On top of the service history, I would like to know:
    - What are the most common things to look for in a Euro this age? (Either by visual inspection or when test driving).
    - Who is best to inspect the vehicle? For example, your regular RACV/RACQ/etc would pick up the main things I would hope, but are there any other options someone can suggest?
    - I love the idea of the 6 speed manual. For manuals with this much mileage is it common to have any issues around the clutch or the synchros? (assuming it hasn't been driven by a boy racer). I have heard of issues with the clutch master cylinder.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by blue_muppet; 08-02-2013 at 12:20 PM.

•CRX• represent Array
    Car:
    CRX+CBR250RR
    should take some time to look thru the useful information thread on Accord Euro's

owning one as a daily but auto if its been looked after then you shouldn't have nothing to worry about.
    Main one i can think of which i think is important is brakes things and also when freeway driving not city driving how does the Cl9 feel .. does it feel smoothe.

Most common problem is the shaking that goes on when in higher acceleration 80/100km.

How to repair the issue with shaking under acceleration
    this is a pretty big thread and is worth a read

Some do prefer the later model Euro's say from 2005 or perhaps the 2006 the newer cl9's do have additional features and the look of the s/wheel is different, exterior wise the front and rear bars are different etc

Get yourself added to the facebook group
    loads of friendly members providing info, parts and even who knows a cheap deal on buying a cl9

AUS Euro facebook
    Last edited by Snoop_gee; 08-02-2013 at 03:17 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    ACCORD EURO
    Euros are AWESOME,good luck with the search...

Thanks for the links Snoop

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Euro CL9 & CU2
    1. There have been a few recalls for faulty parts such as radiator hose and power steering hose. These are relatively serious given that can damage the engine and potentially cause fires under the bonnet.
    2. Another common problem are the door lock actuators - they are a plastic part that locks and unlocks the door. My passenger side lock is playing up occasionally now (i.e. the door doesn't lock or unlock when you press the button on your keys). This is a common problem for CL9 owners.
    3. Avoid RED paint! Heard a lot of people complaining about how it fades after a couple of years. Will require a whole respray in the long run.
    4. If you're patient and look hard enough you can find CL9s under 100,000km. But for those at around the 150,000km mark, if they have been gentle on the clutch then there should be no concerns there. Ive heard of people driving beyond 200,000km still on factory clutch.
    5. The 6 speed manual is one of the sweetest gear boxes I've ever felt. 1st gear is a little short but once your in 2nd and 3rd you're set! And 6th gear on the highways cruising at 110km/hr at 2100rpm - SMOOTH as a babies behind!
    6. I bought a standard CL9 MY06 6spd Man that had only done 62,000km (but damn I wish it was a LUX!)