Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    01 integra DC5R

Thoughts on a throttle body for my TypeR?

i was just thinking about getting a throttle body but unsure of brand and advantages of it!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo 4-02-13 5 30 17 PM.jpg 
Views:	216 
Size:	157.9 KB 
ID:	23998  

What are you going for?
    Are you going to upgrade your IM to match the bigger throttle body? Because if not - pointless mod.
    Will you tune the car?

Would think about it if you were looking at upgrade, IM, intake and cams.
    EG

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Spoon

Member Array
    Car:
    01 integra DC5R
    i have a injen intake witha high flow pod filter,, i will most likley tune down the track??

Member Array
    Car:
    01 integra DC5R
    spoon would be the way to go?

The throttle body would be one of the last things to alter for gains.

Don't bother until you are running aftermarket cams or something else to require more induction ( turbo , supercharger etc)

Member Array
    Car:
    01 integra DC5R
    thanks heaps, what cams would you recommend?

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    When it comes to camshafts it really depends on where you want to make your power. Some cams are designed to only make power above 7k, others will work from 5.5k and some are designed to work in conjuction with increased compression and displacement.

Do your research, talk to as many people possible who have cammed there k series and go from there.

Also remember you will have to upgrade your valvetrain (valve springs & retainers) and you may also want to port and polish your cylinder head go as far as oversized intake valves with a 5 or 7 angle valve grind.
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8

Account Disabled Array
    A big throttle body will give noticable gains in throttle response and gain a few KW's. Make sure you port match it if your using the standard intake manifold

Dont bother with cams. A K20 motor with the RIGHT bolt-ons and ECU(tuned) will make 140-145kw. That is plenty of power to run mid 13's passes in your DC5R. Iven done plenty of these set-ups!

Instead of doing cams why don't you get a tb with a CAI and an intake manifold the k20 engine would respond really well with those mods. You could also do the standard bolt ons, I/h/e and that would give you decent gains with an Ecu tune

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    A big throttle body will give noticable gains in throttle response and gain a few KW's. Make sure you port match it if your using the standard intake manifold
    Atleast mention the downsides of big TB. Have gone down that path before and while it wasnt bad at like 50%-100% throttle, <10% throttle was annoying as all hell. There's a chance you havent driven a car with what i consider to be a big TB and are talking of slighlty larger TB's though.

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 DC2R
    Quote Originally Posted by Chernoby1 View Post
    Atleast mention the downsides of big TB. Have gone down that path before and while it wasnt bad at like 50%-100% throttle, <10% throttle was annoying as all hell. There's a chance you havent driven a car with what i consider to be a big TB and are talking of slighlty larger TB's though.
    what size throttle body was yours and what was wrong with it?
    im running a 70mm on mine with portmatched rbc, header and exhaust.
    OP i recommend Hybrid racing throttle body with similar mods and a tune. cant go wrong with these on a k20!