Member Array
    Car:
    Integra VTI-R

Newly tuned car revs dropping

Hey guys,

I've recently installed an Apexi power FC ECU, Skunk2 Intake manifold and throttle body and then had the car tuned.

Since then I have noticed that when the engine is cold and I press the accelerator, the revs drop and then slowly pick up... When the engine warms up, I haven't noticed this.

I was wondering if anyone could suggest places to start diagnosing this issue?

Mate

Do you want us to hold your hand all the way BACK to where you got it tuned?

Because while it may not be related , it's the best place to start.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra VTI-R
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    Mate

Bit harsh mate... Considering it's the weekend and the tuner is closed, thought that asking the members of OZhonda would be a good place to start... Guess I was wrong.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    No idea, call your tuner tomorrow I guess and let us know what he says

WHo tuned it?

Does it only happen when the car is cold?

Does it idle rough when cold, or only when you press the accelerator?
    Last edited by infurNOS; 11-02-2013 at 06:35 AM.
    EG

Member Array
    Car:
    05 DC5S
    Quote Originally Posted by bronson11 View Post
    Bit harsh mate... Considering it's the weekend and the tuner is closed, thought that asking the members of OZhonda would be a good place to start... Guess I was wrong.
    Welcome to ozHonda once again.
    Into Gundam and Anime?! Check out my business at www.facebook.com/officialgundamuniverse

www.gundamuniverse.com.au

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    Mate

Yes it's a bit harsh but his exactly right.

Call your tuner. See what he says
    無限 The Form is in the Function 無限
    teamGROUNDzero

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra VTI-R
    Quote Originally Posted by infurNOS View Post
    WHo tuned it?

Does it only happen when the car is cold?

Does it idle rough when cold, or only when you press the accelerator?
    That exact issue only happens when the engine is cold. The idle is rough when the engine is cold & press the accelerator.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra VTI-R
    Quote Originally Posted by DC2-PWR View Post
    Yes it's a bit harsh but his exactly right.

Call your tuner. See what he says
    Yeah i totally agree, he is right - and I had always planned to take it back, was just trying to see if anything could be tested during that weekend prior

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra VTI-R
    Update - The check engine light comes on when the car is started (longer than normal), and the goes away after a few minutes of driving, It occasionally came back on during driving. The last issue is that when driving the car, it seems to sometimes jerk when accelerating or crusing at the same speed.

I took the car to the tuner on monday - They ran the car on the dyno all day waiting for the CEL to come on so they could diagnose the issue.
    Of course the light didn't come on once all day! When i picked the car up, it ran 100% fine... I have had no CEL since... but I have had the last issue described above slowly creep back - Jerk when accelerating or cruising & the initial issue described in first post - Engine cold - Accelerator revs dropping.

Yeah i totally agree, he is right - and I had always planned to take it back, was just trying to see if anything could be tested during that weekend prior
    Sorry about the bluntness - but I meant that we ( the Internet ) can give you ideas but its the first step to contact your tuner and go from there. He might of bumped something around the throttle body such as the icav , FITV etc.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R
    02 sensor!