Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EP3R

shocks+springs not low enough! help

hey guys i just recently install my new lowering spring+shock set and it only drop 2.5inch(6.5cm front,5.7cm rear) im wondering is there any other way to make the car more lower...? its a ed6 and here are the springs+shocks i have installed,

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Truhart-L...#ht_1813wt_962
    thank you

Member Array
    Car:
    ES1 Turbo, EK1
    get some coilover sleeves.
    Car: 05' Civic Turbo Car: EK 97'
    Motor - D17 Motor - B20T
    Winton - 1:47 Winton - 1:46
    7th Gen Melbourne #1

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    any coilover sleeves or certain types? all coilover sleeves would fit my after market shocks right? could you link me some coilover sleeves i could use, i dont want something too too expensive thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    you can also circlip grooves machined into the shocks
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    ground control coilover sleeves are good!

same experience as mine bro. the difference was, i bought the lowering springs by mistake and it did lowered my EG sedan -which I didn't intend to- but..
    it was just a bad experience coz all it did was just damaging the bottom of the car,scratches and friction marks, getting the front and rear bumpers caught in the parking blocks aka Turtarrier always, it came to a point that i have to tie the broken screwpoints with chicken wire just to secure the bumper temporarily. it was just a very bad experience bro. good thing was, the problem was already solved. James @Ison Industries Blacktown was able to fix it all up for me, actually did an overhaul on my civic and now it is back to its mint condition. I'd prefer my car raised a bit coz it's a family car plus my everyday car as well. so there's no point of lowering my ride when it's often fullpacked with my family.
    Just buy coilcovers if you really wanna lower your car. It's a bit exe but it should be worth every cent. ok bro? hope that helps.ü
    here's a pic of my civic btw.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    I think he's fully aware of the risks associated with a lowered ride height...
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    ground control sleeves, what other sleeves? cheap ebay ones or its a no go? would my aftermarket lowering shocks start leaking from using coil sleeves on it or only on stock shocks they leak? thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    aftermarket shocks are usuallym ore flexible with different ride heights/spinngrates so i reckon you'll be okay.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    With ground control sleeves you have the option of getting custom spring rates too (if you pay extra of course) but if you get the default spring rates you should be ok, its not as stiff as skunk2 coilover sleeves. As for aftermarket shocks leaking....it really depends on your driving habits and how low you go too. If you put the coilover sleeves to max height and hit alot of bumps, pot holes etc. at high speeds then yeah you will blow them up in weeks/months. A mate of mine blew his shocks in 1 month because his car went mid air lol. And he was on the same setup as me and i've had mine for a year and still going strong even on the lowest coil. What shocks will you be planning on getting? weak aftermarket shocks wont last very long too. But if your not going for slammed height and you plan on slowing down a little then Ground Controls will last you for a very long time
    Genius....Rad Car......why not have both?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    is there any other options cheaper then ground control?

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    I think ground controls are cheapest, skunk2 go for like 400 i think, dont get ebay ones i heard there really crap. If you buy direct from ground control its cheaper.
    Genius....Rad Car......why not have both?