Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    thanks for the suggestions guys. i've been under the car for hours now and can't see anything! gonna buy more oil tomorrow and get someone to crank it while i watch. thank God I wasn't using royal purple . so far i've narrowed it down to be on the back of the block, lower than the head gasket and on the gearbox side of the oil filter.
    the only thing i know to be there is the oil breather chamber. the top half is empty and i couldn't get it off to check the bottom - rounded the bolt. i swear it's tighter than a crank pulley bolt!! ridiculous!

what does the bottom of this thing do? afaik the top half is basically a catch can for crank case ventilation.

and what is the little black valve looking thing that sticks up on my intake? it's shown in the manual but there's no description or info how to connect the vacuum lines to it - or any of the vacuum lines for that matter!
    FOR SALE: Injector seal kits || Dayco B16A timing belt

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 CXI
    Thats ur pcv valve...
    That wont cause oil spill like ur saying....
    Neither will the catch can...

Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    The only thing that can cause a spill like that is your oil filter. Make sure the o ring from the old filter isn't there, I've seen this happen before.....
    OEM parts whore

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S15
    Quote Originally Posted by IEVAQ8 View Post
    Thats ur pcv valve...
    That wont cause oil spill like ur saying....
    Neither will the catch can...
    Yup^

The PCV valve primarily opens under load, and when it does it comes out as a gaseous oil mix / mist
    not a torrent like you mentioned. Go through step by step what you did. Try what Grifty said.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 CXI
    It could also b a oil pressure switch missing

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    the thing in red. what on earth is it? not mentioned AFAIK in the manual.

the green circle is where the PCV goes. it's just a little check valve. i disconnected the PCV vacuum line from the manifold and sucked then blew on it. the valve is on the right way (ie: flows when sucked, no flow when blowing).

will check the for the old o-ring. thanks.

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    Quote Originally Posted by IEVAQ8 View Post
    It could also b a oil pressure switch missing
    could be... but it's not
    will repost after further inspection & testing

i think my crank is out by a tooth too ffs

Member Array
    Car:
    '88 Civic GL
    Quote Originally Posted by grifty View Post
    The only thing that can cause a spill like that is your oil filter. Make sure the o ring from the old filter isn't there, I've seen this happen before.....
    Yep, was going to suggest this too, but it said it had been checked and was sealing fine. But that's exactly what will happen if the old o ring hasn't actually been removed. So check this first as its an easy thing to check.
    Check out my ED Civic progress here: http://edcivicracecar.blogspot.com.au/

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    yeah got the ol one outta the bin and the seal is on it.
    cranked it earlier and oil pisses out from behind the pcv breather canister. wtf????
    i'm totally lost. only thing i can think of is a blocked oil feed to the head or something causing pressure to build up and spurt out the pcv.
    or piston rings are shot for some reason and forcing air into the crank case.

who knows. certainly i don't! gonna head back to Bris today and leave the PoS in Taree for now. outta money. outta time. outta patience!

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    That item that you circled in red is a vacuum perge solenoid. This will not be causing your problems.

Also when you had the head off, did you clean and prep the block deck correctly and seated the headgasket around the dowels? Along with following the torque sequence correctly?
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 CXI
    if u crank it an oil pisses out of the canister, it seems u either have the heagasket upside down or wrong way around or its not torqued properly...

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    shiettt diy gone wrong
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre