Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    ED6 Civic B16A1

ED Civic Sedan Bolt in Half Cage Possibilities

Hey everyone, I am entering the Supaloc Targa within the Regularity class in my 1990 ED Civic Sedan, I am trying to find a bolt in off the shelf half cage for it before going down the fabrication road, does anyone know if a hatch cage will fit? Or does anyone have a half cage they would be willing to sell or use as a mock up.
    Thanks!

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    No.

The sedan has a different roofline and a pillar profile than the hatch and crx, so you cant even use the front half.

You could probably buy a kit and try to mod it, but by the time all the work is done, it would be just as easy to do it from scratch.

Sorry for the bad news.

However, i am very interested in your car, care to share some pics?
    to see all of my build, checkout

Member Array
    Car:
    Vibe-S & EG9
    Not sure if there are any off the shelf kits for sedans but, I'm interested to hear some more about your car too... and your experience with preparing your Civic to compete in a Targa event.

Member Array
    Car:
    EF-orever
    Sedan with half/4/6/8/FIA cage.
    -or-
    Sedan with vehicle rego.

Pick one.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    ED6 Civic B16A1
    Thanks for the info guys, yeah I'm thinking I may just fabricate a half cage at this rate.
    and the Rego isn't and issue HwyStar.
    I'll upload some pics soon and a write up

Look forward to the pics!
    FFamily

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5.9, EF9, EL2
    have you talked to the scruitineers and gone through the regulations for entry into an official Targa series event ?

you cant just make up some ghetto cage and then expect to run.

Your cage will have to be certified along CAMS regulations (which are even stricter than FIA) and I dont think they will allow a bolt-in cage unless you're in the 'touring' or vintage class..

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    ED6 Civic B16A1
    Yes I have and it will be at minimum cams approved haha, I'm entering regularity so I can use a bolt in cage, I would run in full speed but the civic isn't competitive, I am building a 180sx for that, you guys jump to conclusions quickly, typical forum

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5.9, EF9, EL2
    ohh MINIMUM CAMS safety requirements.. that's funny.. is it ?

nobody jumping to conclusions bro, you're grasp on basic comunication leaves a lot to be desired.. and getting pissy at people (with obviously a lot more experience than you) wont get you very far !!

Event Regulations can be found HERE

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    youre coming across as a bit of a dick VT3C...
    to see all of my build, checkout

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    ED6 Civic B16A1
    Yeah BRO lol hate that word, my grasp is fine, i came here just chasing specs on a hatch half cage, not someone to have a go at what I may and may not have done, when researching regulations for a comp I am entering. No need for me to explain each step I've taken before coming to this forum...

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5.9, EF9, EL2
    Quote Originally Posted by trism View Post
    youre coming across as a bit of a dick VT3C...
    Trism, I dont see skimping on safety when involved in motorsport to be a clever thing nor something to be laughed at. It isnt funny when you are injured thanks to cutting corners to avoid safety regulations that have been put in place for a good reason.

Some kid in an old ED sedan trying to fit a hatchy cage and then running in Targa to me comes off as perhaps being too keen for his own good and I was trying to refer him to the rulebooks where his queries would be clarified in black and white.

If that makes me a dick then OK.