CL9 luxury seat (possible) problem

Hey guys,

So recently I did away with my dc2 the and decided to go with a more comfortable car and an 04 Euro luxury caught my eye. I suffer from back pain and the dc2 was horrible on my back. So I get my luxury, everything felt fine on the test drives (actually took 3x 20 minute test drives) especially with the lumbar support but now I find it is hurting my back and the seats aren't too great. It almost feels like the seat is leaning slightly inwards toward the centre compartment so I always feel like I'm leaning left a bit. It felt the same in my Integra though so I'm wondering if it's just my back/arms that are making it seem like that, or if anyone else has experienced this strange feeling?

Seems to me like Honda seats never seem to suit people with reasonably broad shoulders and a wider frame. Other than this though I'm reasonably happy with my purchase (transmission is a tad jerky but I've read that's just symptomatic of Honda's a auto trans design).

Look forward to hearing from you guys

TL;DR: Seat feels like it's leaning inward but it could be my body shape/size or just nitpicking.

you are not meant for a honda.. and hondas don't really like you

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro & CRV
    As a CL9 lux owner, i have not had anyone complain about the seats.
    In fact, i have had more people say they are the most comfortable they have sat in.
    The full electrics means unlimited position variations.
    Maybe blommer is on the money a bit....(bit harshly said though)
    If u feel the seat is leaning inwards, you are the common factor, not the cars.
    I would be getting a friend to have a close look at my seat position, get them to be a bit critical.
    Have them sit behind you and watch your position and posture.
    Depending on your size too, a euro is a snug fit...
    That's why the large car exists.......
    Good luck

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '04 Accord Euro
    I'm not a huge dude by any means, actually a skinny little white kid, but I found with my luxury seats that around brisbane and stuff for daily driving = super comfy. I have no problems with it. BUT when I drive back home (its a 9 or 10 hour drive) I do it in one giant hit, that's when I find my lux seats get super uncomfortable. Not just the normal 'oh i have been here for so long' uncomfortable they just seem to be overall more uncomfortable the longer I sit in them... toying with the idea of going CL7 recaros but (lack of) money/never sat in one for extended periods of time hasnt let me do it yet!

Thanks to two of you for at least your constructive replies!

So I've been driving more and trying to ignore the leaning thing and I barely notice it any more. I've also noticed that this car has EXCELLENT support for my lower back.

What I think I've noticed:
    -The "flares" on the edge of the seat (where the airbags are) are angled too much and such that my (reasonably broad) shoulders don't fit "in between" them and moreso sit right on top of them (so they kinda dig into my shoulders). This is gets rather uncomfortable after a little while.
    -I'm thinking that as my right arm is my main one, my shoulder/back muscles in it are probably larger, and the above problem is causing it to stick out more giving me the sensation of "leaning" to the left a little.
    -I've noticed the seats for the next gen of Euros appear to have a wider back and the flares on the sides are angled out a bit more, wonder if these would fit in the CL9?

I love the way this car drives and looks, and I'm a huge fan of Honda's reliability so I'm really not keen on giving it up!
    If I can't put up with it in the end though I may need to accept that Honda's aren't made for people of my build. Still, there's no way in hell i'm buying a Holden just because it's bigger!

OK so finally I've found other people who have experienced the same issue. It hadn't occurred to me to search for TSX owners and their opinions on the seats. Check here and scroll down til you see the single image (composed of three other images) of different car seats with crudely drawn ms paint lines over them. Read the post, this person is describing EXACTLY what I'm experiencing. It is a three year old thread but at least it's reassured me that it's not something I'm doing. Next option is to look around to see if I can get a different front seat installed. Failing that I think I'll be searching for a new car.